Fibro from an accident

Posted , 3 users are following.

When you don't know which way to turn - if there's such an option.

?Some years ago I was invovled in a car accident.  Claim still ongoing.  Has anyone else been in a situation whereby their GP agrees that such an illness (fibro) is triggered by the accident, but consultant after consultant disagrees.  They agree that I have it, but not from the accident.  The consultants also believe that I had a history of problems that have just been aggravated by the accident.  Yes, I might have had aches/issues down my right hand side, but the horrendous complications and discomfort have been down my left ever since in the accident I was hit on the left side (nearside).  Doesn't seem like my solicitors have supported much, but it seems like there's no option to take even make a claim against my solicitors, both during, or after the end of the case.  I feel utterly let down by the legal system.  My GP is not happy for me to continue the jobs I was doing at the time of the accident.  Hence, I'll be looking for a change in direction.  But GP input is not accepted during the claim.

?Anyone else having problems?  I've tried to battle with the solicitors, yet been running out of energy all along.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

My understanding is that FM can be triggered by many things such as trauma, stress and getting a virus for example.

Cheers

Richard

• Posted

I had a car accident and I believe it triggered my ms but proving is another thing, I have to have years of medical assessments up and down UK and they pick over your whole lifes health and history. Not pleasant. Yes I think these things can be triggered by an accident and the stress of an accident. Good luck
    • Posted

Thank you for responding.  I guess this is happening to a lot of people.  My solicitors have told me there's little more can be done and my options are now limited.  I feel I've been completely short-changed.  I've lost my job/career as a result, and am now restricted to what I can do.  The medical experts are saying that what I'm dealing with now is stress from after the accident, and that I should have been fit to work up to 18 months after.  I asked the solicitors to allow me a second opinion, but doesn't look like it's happening.

I wish you luck, too.  Looks like you're going through similar.  You're absolutely right, they pick over your whole life's health and history.  When the medical experts have looked through my history, they don't appear to have read it correctly.  I've challenged them, but they won't alter the reports.  I feel there's loopholes.

?Best wishes to you, bic24773 x

• Posted

Yes they'll grasp at straws. Mine was a while ago and yes my medical records help things that weren't true, are you in UK? Don't give up because if you cannot work whether physical or stress it's the same. I'm ok I do have severe anxiety and depression but I've been through a lot. Just let them carry on if the other party has to pay, it may be you have to go to court but they pay out something before you get there. I'm so sorry you have this, make sure you get all the tests MRI etc in case. Sending you healing. It's so true what doesn't kill makes you stronger. I've been fighting for a blue disabled parking badge as I can't walk. Stay strong. Lorraine ?🌹

• Posted

I know how you feel.  I'm down with severe anxiety and stress, too.  I've asked time and time for MRI scan's, but am told unless the medical experts recommend them, it can't happen.  So, I'm being denied them, too.  The medical experts have verbally mentioned scans, but won't put it in their reports.  I've been sent to a psychologist who recommeded sessions of therapy.  But the latest expert recommends a psychiatrist.  Since the case has been dragging on so long, the latest hearing has semi-allowed the defendant to choose which one I get sent to.  Maybe I was born under a bad cloud. xx

• Posted

Hi, please don't think that about a bad cloud, some of us are just on a harder journey, take a deep breath and just keep insisting on an MRI, eventually they may give in. I'm sat on a marble bench in a shopping centre because my right leg is in pain and buzzing like a mobile phone with insects crawling inside, hope that makes you laugh. I need to use my wheelchair or scooter really. I'll pm you my email later then if you want you can email, I won't be offended if you don't. Be kind to yourself and don't let others treat you badly ?

• Posted

The description of the feeling in your leg did make me chuckle.  It's a very good detail.  Bugger me, I get that feeling throughout my body all the time - lol.  Of course you can pm me your email. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.