Fibro hell

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI 2 ALL FIBRO SUFFERERS, IVE FINALLY BEEN GIVEN A DIOGNOSIS AFTER A YEAR OF HELL,CHRONIC PAIN AT THE TOP OF MY BACK INBETWEEN SHOULDER BLADES,STERNUM,NECK ,BOTH BREASTS,I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO LAY ON MY BACK OR LEFT SIDE AS I AM SO SORE.IAM WAITING 4 AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE PAIN CLINIC,AT THE MOMENT IAM TAKING OXYCONTIN 10MG TWICE DAILY, SOLPADOL 30/500MG,AND AMITRIPTYLINE IN THE EVENING.VISITED MY GP 2DAY AS MY BREASTS ARE VERY SORE AND SHE SAID SHE WILL ARRANGE 4 ME TO HAVE A MAMOGRAM SO I WILL WAIT FOR THE APPOINTMENT FOR THAT HOPE IT IS NOT GOING TO BE TO LONG. TO HELP ME WHEN IAM HAVING A FLARE UP I FIND THAT HEAT HELPS, IHAVE BOUGHT AN ELECTRIC HEAT PAD FROM ARGOS THEY RANGE FROM £15/20 POUNDS,I ALSO USE A HOT WATER BOTTLE. MY OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SEVERE MIGRAINES WHICH CAUSES ME TO VOMIT,RESTLESS LEGS, TWITCHING MUSCLES,BODY JERKS,IRRITABLE BLADDER AND BOWEL.AND GENERALLY FEELING REALLY UNWELL,NO ENERGY AND FATIGUE. I HAVE SEEN APHYSIOTHERAPIST 3 TIMES BUT SHE HAS BEEN UNABLE TO START ANY TREATMENT AS AT THE MOMENT I AM TO SORE.I CAN T BELIEVE HOW DIBILITATING THIS FIBRO IS IHARDLY EVER GO OUT ANYWHERE ON MY OWN I CANNOT DO HALF THE THINGS I USED TO BE ABLE TO DO,IHAVE LOST MY JOB AS I WAS HAVING A LOT OF TIME OFF DUE TO ALL MY PROBLEMS, I HAVE A VERY SUPPORTIVE HUSBAND +DAUGHTER THANKFULLY.WELL THATS ENOUGH OF ME DROANING ON IT IS NICE TO KNOW THAT I AM NOT ALONE,AND THAT THERE ARE LOTS OF YOU OUT THERE WITH THIS AWFUL ILLNESS.BYE FOR NOW.HELEN

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi helen

i hope you are feeling a little better now.

Its the hardest illnesses i have ever had to deal with.

This is a good place to chat there are some very kind people and plenty of ideas on how to make life better.

Take care

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi Helen,

I`m Linda and have had Fibro for about two and half years now, and suffer from most of the things you have listed. I gave up my job a year ago because I just couldn`t cope, and now I`m dreadfully lonely on top of everything else :!: I`ve been having a flare up over the last ten days but most of my intense pain is in my lower back and top of my legs. We are a really friendly bunch on here and share all our problems with each other not just those fibro related, so just come on and have a chat, moan or whatever you feel like. Tess is another of our friends but she is on holiday at the moment, but I know she will welcolm you when she gets back.

Chat soon,

Linda

• Posted

Hi Everyone

I'm off to a concert tonight and then i am away for a week. Still not decided where we are camping!!!!!!!!!!

So I wish you all a good week and plenty of sun for you all.

Lizzy

• Posted

hi i'm philippa a 42 yr old single mum of 3 kids and i feel about 90 i've been off work from november after taking pneumonia (prob spelt wrong but you get the drift) and in pain for many years 10yrs approx finally diag in feb with fibro and then to find there's no cure well you can imagine how deflated I felt. I can totally understand how you feel i'm tired all of the time i'm sore all of the time and when even my own family dont understand how can anyone else. I made my mind up that every day i would get dressed and put on my makeup trival to some but believe me its no easy chore then when i look ok on the outside everyone expects me to be this person with boundless energy and i hate that i'm not by the time i'm finished dressing etc i'm so tired all i want to do is go back to bed. i'm on loads of painkillers and anti-depressents although not the oxy! does it really work as i'm on the other meds your on i'm now on lyrica too 600mg. i'm supposed to go back to work soon and i just cant i know i'm kidding myself to even think i can at min but being in the house is so getting me down.your the first person i've read about that actually rings a bell with me.
  • Posted

Hi Phillipa

Welcome to the fibro site, this is a great place to chat and they are a really great supportive group of people. I'm, sure that Tess, Di, Linda, Lindy, Richard and Ses will introduce themselves later. We help each other on our good and bad days.

I'm Lizzy and I was diagnosed last Feb. I have four kids and am still trying to come to terms with this illness. My family and doc are finding it difficult to understand as I look so well on the outside. I'm 44 and also have Lupus and an overactive thyroid.

Just come along and chat it really helps to get things off our chests.

Being positive all the time can be really difficult when you feel so ill all the time.

I look forward to chatting to you again soon.

Take care.

Lizzy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.