Fibro Hurts

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have been going through intense pain for years. I have had muscle pain, pain in my head, my eyes, restless leg syndrome, sleepless nights, IBS, fibro fog, sharp pain in my shoulders, hip area, swelling. Depression, suicidal and negative thoughts. I am working full time with not much support from the employers. Hectic and strenuous days give me a bad time.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Summa, oh How I sympathise, I am in the very same boat and actually working from home today as my pain is so intense.

The only thing that helps me is heat, I have a seat warmer and massager that I use though the massager can bring on the pain.

I hope that this problem that we all share can be given much more attention and recognition from GPS and medical experts.

Hope your pain subsides soon.

Take care and try to think positive thoughts.

• Posted

Hi Summa1478. im sorry i cant give you any solution to easing your suffering, but both me and my son have M.E.and every day things that most take for granted  as you say hurt, the restless leg syndrome, brain fog, pain in neck and shoulders which of course can lead to depression, gosh poor you having to work like this too, people havn't a clue, im sure they think its a slight rheumatism and mild head ache when truths know it feels like your going down with flu every day  or worse. Strange thing my son is the exact same age i was first diagnosed give or take a couple of years in my 40s. 

Have you applied for PIP at all?  Thing is this is very hard to get and even if you do they review you in as short as time as 3 years,  though all the money in the world doesn't take away the suffering does it. Honestly people suffering  from this really find it extremely hard to work.

Im so sorry your feeling so down that your having Depression, suicidal and negative thoughts, i know you just want it to end. All we can do is avoid foods that are known to  promote inflammation, and eat those which help, look them up on google, Pineapple, celery and cherrys are good for the inflammation and its a fact sugar make it worse.

Im fortunate at least im retirement age so havnt the added stress of work.

Sue 

• Posted

Suma my reply was withheld so im sending as private message , probably cos i suggested foods that may help and they may not be ok with certain medications which obviously one would check first for side affects with their current meds!

Sue 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.