fibro or lupus? or somthing completely different

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone I was wondering for some advise and help as I am in so much pain and just know there is more to my health than fibromyalgia that I was diagnosed 6 months ago by a Rheumatologist .

Hear is my story

This all began 1 year 4 months ago I started with burning in tummy and pain in my back that started going into my extremities some days I would have numbness in hand and foot, fatigue, muscle spasms , I would itch real bad all over in the summer bit of redness on face but not much , Brain fog, headache.

was negative 8 months ago for ana blood and all other bloods

Is 8 months a good gap for showing up on bloods?

I have sores on my feet I have now started with redness a lot on my forehead nose and blotchis on cheeks and red chin and chest worse when I am feeling worse. Is this a sign and lots when been in sun.

I have times when I have heart beats faster?

I have just had some more bloods done full blood count, liver, as well as ana what bloods findings do you have to have with lupus I have herd that you have to be on a flare-up for a positive ana and full count?

when they did my blood tests last time the only thing that did find was slightly low platelets but did test again and it was negative.?

last four month I have been so unwell getting worse with my skin and pain my head hurts all the time tramadol and pregablin I am on it helps slightly but I just keep getting pain.

I keep getting fungal inventions that keep coming back in my mouth, vigina, and ear and I have ulsers in month I get treated but then that comes back.?

O and over my body I have ichy skin not a rash tho, just redness where I told you ?

Defently worse after been in the sun?

I would love for you to help me on this I do worrie that its more than fibro

Thanks for reading

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello. Your symptoms are very similar to Lupus. I have a lot of symptoms as well but struggling to get a definite diagnosis. My GP said it's because doctors are confused by all of the antibodies. I've seen a rheumatologist twice and have got nowhere. I know how you feel and you need some answers. Have you another appointment with your rheumatologist?
    • Posted

Hi Matron sorry to hear you are going threw the same

Can I ask are all your bloods normal? Have you had ana?

I've seen a rheumatologist and he said fibro, but my doctor is referring me to a dermatologist my doctor just keeps saying "well the bloods are a indicter that something is wrongs " how long have you been I'll for? Do you suffer from infections?

I really hope you find peace soon as I really know what you are going threw

• Posted

Hello again. I had the ANA blood test in February but the lab couldn't do the test because there wasn't enough blood in the vial so it was repeated a few weeks ago. I did have another positive blood test the anti phospholipid antibody which a lot of patients with Lupus do have. I'm also seeing a rheumatologist in June for an awful rash on my hands. This all started 3 years ago when I started to have painful joints. I also get mouth and nose sores. How long have you been unwell for?
  • Posted

Hi so in a way that is bit more hopful to get to the bottom of things with positive blood test I have Hurd that not everyone shows up with the ana to begin with.

I've been I'll for 16 months yes I know its not long in sceem of things but when u in so much pain it horrabile

I know my body and there is something more going on I can really sence it and the symptoms are getting worse and why would I be having so many infections

Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.