fibro snd sleep apnea diagnosis

Posted , 4 users are following.

So i wrote a couple of weeks back about ny 1st doctors appointment. I had all my bloods come back as normal yet again and my docotor is really good and listened to me everytime ive been. I have been told i have sleep apnea which i knew and have had it for a long time just gets better or worse with weight gain or loss.so hes referred me to sleep clinic in aberdeen which is 80 miles away but its the closest to me. They will test me overnight and decide wether or not i need home with me a cpap machine. Anyone else have one? Also as for fibro my doctor did push and touch some pressure points which he said they do to test for fibro and he only did back of my neck, shoulder blades. Arch of my back and knees and they all hurt apart from one which ached after and not during. He thinks i have fibro because of my symptoms and problems over the years also. First step is to get sleep back on track then he says he will take the next step with my fibro diagnosis

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello meggiemoo, a friend of mine who suffers with fibro has a machine at night. Apparently it's quite common, thankfully though I'm not at that stage. X

Sending gentle hugs x

• Posted

Thanks for replying. Oh really. Yea im like 19 stone and trying to lose it. Its hard but were trying for a baby and having fibro is bad enough without sleep and then a baby....nah lol i really need to get a grip on it now xx
    • Posted

Lack of sleep is the worse for me. A circle of no sleep and pain. Doctors just say find something that will help me sleep. Yer right don't help
  • Posted

I have trouble sleeping and haven't slept well in over 20yrs. Hoping it will come one day.

Thanks for sharing and hope you have some success.  Pls keep us all posted on your progress. wink x

• Posted

Morning to all; am adding a little re the "lack of sleep", which is quite often something we all discuss quite regularly.........I have ben trialling Melatonin Supplements   (and 2 of my children are in this with me, as they, too have always suffered with bad sleep/nightmares/working in their sleep etc)......I am feeling that I am "getting that REM phase between 2-4 each night", a lot more than  previously, and waking up with some energy/mind to go......can't say if this is a Definite yet, as havn't been on them long enough.....one child, says, they knock him out like sleeping tablets (taking 1 tablet....when it is recommended to take 3 per night on this particular brand).........if any of you feel like trialling same, you can buy at health stores......Melatonin is something that is normally made in our brain, to enable the REM stage of sleep, but apparently research is sayinng that we are not making this, normally?????....if anyone does trial same, can you also let us know how/what you feel/find..................????   Bron
    • Posted

Thanks hun. I will do. Sounds awful 20 years is a long time xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.