Fibro, support

Posted , 9 users are following.

HI can i ask if any of you receive PiP? ive had fibro, for ten or more years along with arthritis and heart problems. I Was on DLA ,for about four and a half years, had a face to face interview with someone who hammered the keyboard while firing questions at me! He decided i scored not one point and advised i was able to work! My doctor disagreed and i had another meeting with a girl who had medical background, she said i wasnt fit for work and didnt have to go to group sessions at the job centre, i get £110 per week contributions related ESA, i would never manage on this money but for my husband and son. I Have to pay for my prescriptions too, ten items, so husband has bought a yearly ore paid prescription for me. I Hate that i have to depend on others and i now dont go out, Im so low at the moment. Thanks for reading,

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

hi Donna

yes you can get PIP I went for mine few months ago, when you apply and have your medical act as though you are having your worse day, take you partner with you so they can back up everything your saying, hope it works out for you as it did me

• Posted

Hi Faymess, ive just replied to Donna, im in a bit off dilemma as my hubby is due for a renewal review as to whether he keeps his PIP next year, As he has arthritis himself i can hardly take him in with me to my assessment if i see this through as it wont do his case any good. If the place of assessment is to far away he wont even be able to drive me there and im far to anxious to use public transport on my own, My son who can drive has injured his hand and now out of action for a whole month. Hope they send me local then! I have M.E.

• Posted

My son took me, he kept me on track, ive got fobro and concentration is difficult, If you can take someone a friend or relative, write everything down so you dont forget, to mention any important points. I Wouldn't go on my own, My son was told to claim back parking, id either get a taxi with a friend or ask if you can have a home visit. It is also possible to get help from Citizens advice, sometimes a rep from them can go with you. Good luck. Susan.

• Posted

I'm getting all of my different letters from all the surgeons and health professionals who look after me, I'm going to try again in a few months. Best wishes .

• Posted

Hi Donna are you saying you applied for PIP and was told there and then you had no points? Doesn't sound right to me or did i read it wrong? You get £110 a week ESA related and get no help with paying for your prescriptions, is there no form you can claim on low income grounds.

Im not surprised your feeling so low at the moment, none of us ask to be unwell and with arthritis plus Fibro i can't understand how you ended up scoring no points. Did you appeal? Honestly how do they come to a conclusion with these ailments that anyone is fit for work!

Im now myself in the process of claiming PIP as my DLA is coming to an end and since ive had the letter and then the form i feel sick and anxious and im even debating on not seeing it through and just losing my DLA and manage on state pension, at least i do still have this unlike all the poor working class age that are being told they are fit for work when they clearly not. I feel so sorry for this category i really do..

• Posted

Thanks Susan, I Was seen by a physiotherapist and he complied his report while i was there, I Went in in my own thinking id be examined! I Made eye contact and sat and stood while questions were being fired at me, I use a walking frame rollator i use outside, The splints i were i didn't take or wear as i thought it easier, so take any aids you use with you, that was my mistake. Ive checked if i can have free prescriptions and its a no! I own my own house with my husband so dont claim anything he and my son pay all the bills. Madness... i feel for people on their own, how they manage i dont know.

• Posted

Hi DonnaI've just applied for PIP as my DLA is being stopped, download the point system they use,always appeal because I will,I work part time and its killing me.Sort out prepayment prescriptions, it's great I pay £10.50 a month for 10 months of the year and it covers as many scripts you need all year 👍

• Posted

Hi Donna,

i had my Pip interview in 2017. I had mine in my home and i think they still do but you could ring them to ask?

that would solve your dilema of being able to get to your interview? If they don't then explain your situation and ask if they can??

Good Luck

Catherine

• Posted

Sorry, I'm getting mixed up with posts! I applied for PiP just coming up to a year ago, was refused, i was told to contest the report, I did and was told they would not change the first decision.

• Posted

You now need to make an appeal to the first tier tribunal, but you probably know this already. Mandatory reconsiderations are hardly ever successful, however I believe around 75% of tribunal appeal hearing are successful. I won my tribunal for PIP after being turned down from the initial application and mandatory reconsideration, and I have been diagnosed with Fibro. Help from Citizens Advice is recommended, plus I didn't need to attend the hearing to win, which is actually quite rare from what I have heard. I think it was my rant about how my sister in law was awarded PIP for CFS/ME, yet I was diagnosed with CFS/ME and Fibro and was not awarded it that won my tribunal appeal. I argued that the system was a mess and the process is unfair and gives inconsistent results, and how was one person awarded PIP with one diagnosis, when someone else with two diagnosis' was refused it, I told them it was a farce and a joke! Whether that won my appeal or not is another matter, all I can say is be thorough with your appeal paperwork and arguement, get help if you can, and all the best of luck with the appeal!

• Posted

Get a HC1 form from your pharmacy, local dentist or opticians. This is usually for people on low income to get free prescriptions or subsidised. I pay for the annual prepaid prescription as it works out cheaper for my regular meds. If you apply but have to pay in the meantime ask for receipts and you can claim it all back while you wait for the prepaid one. But as you are on benefit you should be able to get the free prescriptions. I work fulltime but have had absences for my fibro and wanted to apply for PIP to help with travel costs as access to work seems to be taking forever.

• Posted

Thanks a lot for your feedback, its unfortunate that treating the whole person is not something health professionals can do! Appointment for feet...a separate appointment for hand....another appointment for bloods to check warfarin INR levels... a separate appointment for knee (need a replacement) at 53 Im not going through with that just yet! Backache hips and scoliosis, the worse neck pain you could imagine. Rant over thanks fir listening.

• Posted

Hi DonnaBless ya matey you are suffering,I'm 53 myself this year and I feel so old,I walk like a bloody penguin when I get pain in my hips and legs lol,we should just think ourselves lucky theres more serious things we could have.Sometimes I sit and cry with the pain ,but that's life hey matey 😥

• Posted

It's rubbish isn't it? I Walk like a penguin too and sometimes like a duck depending which bit is worse! Ah well, we just have to keep going, my cryings mostly done at night because my feet are agony, if my feet are happy my knee isn't, or visa versa, have eight different pillows all trying to ease all the needy body parts. Some days i don't want to get up, but i have to for my little dog TESS thank god for TESS. Keep your chin up chuck, keep going sending gentle hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.