Fibroid and non stop period

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies,

this is the first time I have posted on this forum, I'm 46 and was diagnosed with a submucousal fibroid and adenomyosis last year in may, i had been having heavy clotty periods for a while and then began to have alot of spotting, i had all the test ultasound, hysteroscopy with biopsy, had cervix checked, dont need a smear for another year, always been clear, anyway things weren't to bad and then periods were a few days late at first, no spotting, then at christmas i had a period 10 days early and bleed for 3 weeks, then periods got closer together 23 days instead of 28, then this month i started spotting when i was due on and spotted for 2 weeks thinking i was having a light period , then i started with a vengeance, i have been bleeding bright red blood amd clots for 2 weeks, still going on , so my question is, is it the fibroid playing up or is it perimenopause , i do get the odd night sweat, brain fog etc, i also have lack of pmt symptoms so god knows what going on with my body, its making me nervous , i dont want to go through test again as i suffer health anxiety, so in all i have been bleeding in some way for 4 weeks, can any one help put my mind at rest.

many thanks

sherry xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

MY dear that is d fibroid causing that. Am equally facing d same situation right now since last year April. After series of test and scans both MRI and biospy and d rest of them, it was confirmed dat it is been caused by fibroid a big one . Anyway at d moment am waiting for booking for surgery myectomy . Pls make sure u take your iron medication consistently non stop to help u with d loss of blood.

• Posted

yes it's fibroids the first lady is right, am going through mine right now, but thank God almighty the monsters are coming out next month by his grace and mercy. please do something about your Xx

• Posted

it will be the fibroids, once removed the symptoms will stop. See a doc who can remove them.

• Posted

WOW This is ME right now

Here is my story ( I am actually copying this post from the post I posted on the Menopause Board )

I just turned 50 this year, in 1998 I had a fibroid removed the size of a basketball. Since then my periods have been terrific. On time every month, lasting 4-5 days

In April I started to get some clots, nothing major. Then in May I was good, on time. Then in June I was 12 days late, and July also 12 days late. August there was a small indicator of ovulation, usually it is for a few days, but this time there was hardly anything. Now in September I was 15 days late and this came around 25 days after ovulation, which is usually bang on 13.

At first this last period was light, then the clots started, then it stopped and then came back again. I am now with bleeding for 23 days. A light day pad is enough per day, but when the clots come, it bleeds a lot for an hour ( 1" diameter clots and red red blood ) These clots are amateur hour compared to the monsters I was getting in 1998, then it gets lighter and less blood, only to feel it is over and then it repeats again without fail. Feeling like there is no end in sight

My concern is, that this period is lasting so long. Sometimes it feels like it is ending and then BANG another clot and more bleeding. I am in the USA and have no insurance. So tests and all that are out at the moment. I am wondering if this could be perimenopause, considering my age. This month I have experienced some burning on my skin and breasts. Migraines, Dizziness and all the perimenopause stuff. So I am wondering if this bleeding is normal during perimenopause.

I am also thinking a fibroid has come back. Or that I did not really ovulate last month if this is hormonal.

If anyone else experienced this please chime in. How long will this last ? I just want full blown menopause to come. I never had a kid and wish I would have had the whole thing removed in 1998, I am so regretful now. I have zero pain, zero fatigue , nothing. If not for this bleeding I would be 100% myself. I started taking the iron supplements, as I remember in 1998 the Dr told me to take them, so just in case, I have started them.

So if anyone can share you experience , that would be great because no matter what you search for on the internet, it is immediately cancer. Hang Nail = Cancer, it is ridiculous

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.