Fibroid and swelling in abdomen

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi! I am diagnosed with itramural fibroid of 8.2x7.5mm size. I get my periods on 28th day but this time my periods got delayed by 6 days, within these days my pubis area, vulva and abdomen became swollen and hard and color of the vulva region became dark. I visited Gyn and I was told that I have infection in the uterus and prescribed me with antibiotics, after 5 days of antibiotics swelling is reduced and stomach and lower body area is not hard but its still swollen. My ultrasound shows nothing new except fibroid. Does anyone else faced this issue of swelling of lower private body parts and pressure on the back due to fibroids?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Hi, yes my fibroids caused me to have swelling, bloating & back pain. I also had the other swelling you mentioned after periods from the heavy bleeding from fibroids, I changed to only using organic sanitary products & take a flora probiotic which helped this a lot. I had Ufe procedure in December for Fibroids which has been great for me. Good luck.

• Posted

Hello I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. i started out the same way then heavy painful menstrual cramps and heavy bleeding.

i insisted my gyno doctor send me for an MRI to take a better look at my uterus. The MRI revealed I have ADNEOMYOSIS please look it up . Look on youtube look up waht is adneomyosia by Dr. andrea Vidali

• Posted

Hi! I don't have any symptom of ADNEOMYOSIS, I don't have heavy bleeding and pains. Its only swelling in the lower parts and abdomen and feeling pressure on the back. I have consulted another doctor and he told me that I have PID due to infection and it will take sometime for me to recover completely. I am so stressed from last 20 days that I have finally prepared myself to get it removed.

• Edited

hey laraib12901

I had a pooch for a couple of years, no exercise was helping. suffered from sever back ache, no one could figure out what was wrong was even put on arthritis meds only to find out I had 10 fibroids.

Had terrible clotty periods even though I was on the pill so yes fibroids do cause weird and funny things.

All the best I hope you will find a solution to sort this out, I know your pain.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your response 😦 discussing these issues with the people who went through your symptoms help a lot. I have been through emotional and mental trauma in last 4 weeks. Yesterday I tried olive oil (Garlic cloves friend in olive oil) and applied it to my personal area, seems like its working as it has reduced little bit swelling. I am single so I was afraid to put something inside my vagina (lolz) so I placed oily cotton wool over opening. Back pressure on the left kidney side sometimes cause me pain in the heart if I sleep on left side. I can not get my fibroid operated due to Covid crisis and seems like I have to carry on with this pain until I get it operated. Right now I have switched my diet to raw vegetables, (In Pakistan we have only grass fed animals)organic beef and mutton fried in mustard oil or in organic home made ghee, got rid of wheat sugar and many more things, eating raw garlic also helps and camel milk

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.