Fibroid & Prostrap

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I had a hysterectomy cancelled in May due to fibroid size & am now just into 4th month of Prostrap injections to try & shrink fibroid to make surgery  easier.

I have woken up this morning to light bleeding, anyone else had this so far into the course of injections?

Sarah 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,I had bleeding during the first injection and was put back on mfenamic acid to stop it and told to keep taking it for the duration. I had 3 prostap before my hysterectomy and they worked well and managed to shrink my largest fibroid (grapefruit size) and allowed me to avoid a lateral incision during surgery. Hope all works out well for you. 
    • Posted

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I did initially bleed on a few occasions after the first injection but luckily this stopped by itself. I haven’t had any bleeding since up until now so this worried me but I do have tranexmic acid to try if it gets worse. 

Was initially doing 3 months of injections but consultant then decided another 3 months followed by another MRI to look for shrinkage. 

Good luck with your recovery , hopefully I will be headed there myself soon!.

• Posted

Hi I.am on my 2nd prostap injection and I had my period on the 1st one which was really bad and I'm having light bleeding now I was worried due for my hysterectomy in Feb xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.