Fibroid Symptoms

Posted , 6 users are following.

I went in last week for what I thought was an ovarian cyst and had my ultrasound today. I was shocked to find my ovaries are completely normal and that I have fibroids. The pelvic hurt when he pressed on my left side. I don’t have any other info. I go in next week for an exam and he’ll discuss it. SO confused.

Here are my symptoms:

Pain in left ovary when bending and twisting left

Pain in lower back

Hip pain

Bloating

Nausea (like every day now)

Heavy periods with big clots

Some days feverish but no fever

I describe it like when you pump air into your bicycle tire. I feel like when I have my period there is a ton of pressure in there. 

I’m worried he will “wait and see”.  I want to feel normal again. Would love to hear from those who have a similar story and can tell me what steps you went through to feel better. 

Thanks!

Christy

US

36 yrs old 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Fyi I don’t want kids so I don’t care what they remove
  • Posted

Hi  I know the feeling!

It all depends on the size and position of them.

If large 3 choices Esyma (meds’)

Uterine fibroid embolisation

Hysterectomy.

UFE you probably won’t be given as radiology perform it not Gynocology. 

My advice do loads of research and refuse Zoladex (unless you are having a Hysterectomy ) 

Endo Ablation works for some people but it made my periods worse. 

I’m 3 and a half years still with Fibroid having a Laprascopic Myomectomy in January.

I wasted a lot of time where Gynocolgy dragged it out. My own fault for not researching my treatment options. 

Whatever you decide make it your choice not Gynocology’s 

Good luck 

• Posted

Hi Christy,

First of all I was exactly and you're boat about a year ago. My ultrasound showed I had a couple of fibroids. Well after my symptoms increased I had another MRI done this past March only to show I had about 10 fibroids. I was shocked and surprised. All of my fibroids we're growing out of my uterus.  I did not have any issues with bleeding. You may have issues with bleeding because your fibroids are growing in your uterus. I did the uterine fibroid embolization that same month and as of now they are half their size. My last MRI in Sept showed that. But every symptom you describe is everything I had except for the bleeding. Fibroids are just very common in woman and I think 70 to 80% of women don't even know they have fibroids. I had no idea I had them until my ultrasound. Then after doing much research I decided to do the procedure and it was successful with me. I would talk to your doctor about fibroids and do your research. 

• Posted

Hi Sheila, I just had my UFE on Monday. When you had yours done, did you feel any pain between your belly button and pelvic region? I am wondering if that was the area in which the catheter took. I was amazed how much my stomach went down already.
    • Posted

Hi Cindy, 

That is wonderful you already see the difference. I have to admit I was in horrible pain for one week straight. I do think it is where the catheter was put in me. The pain was very unbearable for me but I still think it was worth it.  Knowing that your fibroids will shrink is a great feeling. Good luck on your recovery and get a lot of rest 

• Posted

Hi Sheila,

Sorry you were in horrible pain.  Yes, I agree that knowing the fibroids will shrink is such a joy.  I go for my follow-up visit in about a week, and cannot wait to hear about what the Dr. feels about the results in healing & appearance.  I had a friend who had this done a year ago, and she said that she had quite a bit of pain by the groin.  I'm getting stronger each day and resting most of the day.  I used to exercise prior to the procedure, so itching to get back to that, but only walking in the meantime.  Have a pleasant week!

• Posted

Hi Christy,. I had some of the same symptoms and let it go for almost 7 years because I did not want a hysterectomy. I finally found a solution with a radiologist who performed a UFE (Uterine Fibroid Embolization). I had the procedure on Monday so still recovering. I had my period going in and lighter one the next day.

One thing I did was read a couple of books on the options to see what worked best for me. I am just over 50 years old but still wanted my body parts in tact. I thought I had a cyst on my left ovary and may still have one, but my gyno can look at that some day. Good luck with making a decision that is right for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.