Fibroids

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I am just looking for some advice really . I'm 21 and have a 9cm fibroid which is stopping me from passing urine completely sorry for the details but I could probably fill an egg cup each time that's about it . I have extreme bloating and cramping, however I was put on prostap which turns out I'm allergic to so I was told my next option is myomectomy however when I seen the registra she said that there is a chance I could bleed during the surgery and they would have to perform a hysterectomy, which in my eyes is no option as I want nothing more than to have a baby at some point. So now I have all a these symptoms and don't know what I can do . I don't suppose anyone has any advice? Also since having my fibroid my skin seems to be sensitive to everything is this Normal ? Thank you

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry I meant almost completely stops me urinating
  • Posted

Hi. Fibroids are such a nuisance. Depends where you fibroid is but has your doc considered a hysteroscopy? This is a non invasive procedure to remove fibroids but not all fibroids can be removed this way. Having said that any procedure comes with a risk of bleeding and all doctors will tell you that in that case they will have to perform a hysterectomy. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon. 
  • Posted

There are other options such as embolisation which should reudce the size of the fibroid but I can see a surgeon preferring surgery as then you will be rid of the fibroid once and for all.  I'm not sure surgeons like embolisation, which is usually done by a radiologist, and I'm not sure what long term follow ups have been done of women who have had embolisation but once embolised the fibroid should shrink as it's blood suppy has been cut off (in the procedure they will put some glass beads in the blood vessels supplying the fibroid), so you should have fewer symptoms.  It is a short, but as I found, painful procedure that needed a night in hospital. 

• Posted

There are risks with any procedure and doctors need to make patients aware of that. But I don't think you need to worry about a hysterectomy too much as there are a variety of ways to perform myomectomies, if they do it laporoscopically there is less blood loss and quicker healing time.

Embolisation is a less invasive procedure and some women are able to conceive after but fertility can be affected. Myomectomy seems to be safest for women who want to preserve their fertility.

See another doctor if you want another opinion or explore these options with your current doctor.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Wildchild

I can only say about the embolisation which I had done in 2o12. My little blitter was size of cricket ball.symptoms included back pain, sensitive bladder, tiredness, tummy bloated n weight gain.

The proceedure was not that painfull has you had a morphine pump. Just a bit of discomfort afterwards and a nite or two in a room away from the main ward. Explore your options has with me being wrong side of 40 I came on the menopause. But being early 2o, s there has been women still given birth to babies after having this proccedure.

I would have a frank discussion with your Gp and gyno consultant before you decided what options you have available to you.

• Posted

Hello Wildechild16,

I'm twice your age and I have a fibroid about the same size than yours.  It does happen to me too that I can't urinate at some point.  I've learned to use urinary catheters when my urinary tract is probably blocked by the fibroid.  I also have a big cyst plus other little fibroids but it is better than before now.  You can usually get these catheters in pharmacy, they are not too expensive (in Canada).  While you take a decision and if you still have the urinary problem, you can use them.  Two years ago, I've cut gluten, dairy and a lot of other things.  After that, I stopped having urine retentions.  However, it started again 2 months ago.  That probably indicates that my fibroid grew more or even moved.  I did 42 days juicing last year and almost all of my cysts and fibroids went away.  After one year, I noticed that it grew up again but the masses are less hard and I'm able to move them with my fingers when I press on my belly.  I definitely think that these little strangers have to do with the diet but also with the hormones.  Mine have to be equalized and maybe, everything will be better.  I think that we can also work by having a better lifestyle in general.  To conclude, I should say that this health problem brought me back to myself and to my ideal lifestyle.  Everyday I'm paying attention to simple decision and choose the best for myself.  I'm definitely willing to go for another diet that will help me to reach my goal which is healing myself naturally.  In fact, I'm looking for an integrative medecine in order to look at things from different perspective and to work globally. I'm so happy that I found this forum.  I'll keep in touch with it and stay focused to do my work.  It is so good to feel surrounded with people who go through the same situation.  It is so important to get some help in our daily challenges!  Good luck to everyone of us!  Thank you for your testimonial and keep walking on your own path!

• Posted

HI Wildechild16,

Thanks for sharing this. I have similar condition;  and not on any med. Doc advised stop all allergy and cold meds ... feeling a bit better ... get worse when i take milk & wheat products; for bloating detox for seven days aand my tummy is now flat for months ... you too young for hyste' ... former, i am working on diet ... ACV with molasses  great remedey for cramps (read somewhere, sorry forgot the site that, these might also shrink them in the long-run).

Best wishes, and be blessed: you will overcome this

• Posted

I had problems with cysts on my ovaries as well as many fibroids.  The biggest one being 3 cm.  I also suffered from IBS so badly it would make me vomit at times.  I was scheduled for a hysterectomy when I returned from vacation in July.  My periods were crazy painful and clotting and bleeding off and on for 20 days out of the month.  I am 50 years old and was trying to hold out for menopause as I have heard that the fibroids stops growing once you stop menstruating.  I couldn't wait.  It was so bad it was keeping me from functioning normally in my life.  I decided to try a natural remedy of Blackstrap Molasses and Apple Cider Vinegar and it worked!  I stopped bleeding the same day I started taking it.  I have no more pain around my period or ever for that matter.  My cyst doesn't hurt anymore so I'm convinced it's either getting better or it's gone.  I haven't had IBS in two months and my period was three days instead of ten with no more bleeding in between.  If you suffer from any of these ailments you should try this remedy.  I have since cancelled my surgery.  Good Luck to all of you.  I feel your pain.  

Here's what I take:

1 Tbsp Organic Blackstrap Molasses in hot water in the morning

1 Tbsp Organic Blackstrap Molasses and 1/2 tsp Organic Apple Cider Vinegar ("with the mother" - if possible) in hot water in the evening

It's important to eat healthy and stay away from processed foods.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.