fibroids

Posted , 4 users are following.

Do fibroids cause pain & heavy bleeding?

I have a fibroid measuring 1.6cm & have a lot of pain & when the pain gets bad I bleed.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Karen,

Yes fibroids frequently cause pain in the lower abdomen and heavy periods. Even small fibroids that are in the lining of the womb can cause a lot of bleeding.

I found out I had fibroids when I went to the doctor about my increasingly heavy periods, fatigue and flooding between periods. I am now on the waiting list for the Embolisation procedure.

There is a lot of information on this site about different symptoms, so have a read. If you are worried about the heaviness of your periods see your GP, they can prescribe medication to help alleviate the flow and pain and suggest treatment options for your fibroids.

• Posted

Hello Angel

Thank you very much for your reply. This information is very useful as I am in dispute with my dr, because she believes that me fibriods cannot possibly be causing my symptons!

• Posted

Hi Karen,

In addition to my previous comment, ultra sounds don't always detect all fibroids, try to get an MRI. Your GP should be doing further investigation if they don't feel your symptoms are due to fibroids. If you can't get the answers you want try another GP or push for a referral to a gynecologist if not under the care of one already.

Good luck

• Posted

im having a hysteroscopy on the first july as they dont believe me bleeding is my 3 cm cyst on my right ovary? they want to do biopsies of my uterus which im petrified of the results but im thinking i could have fibriods? the only thing is im not heavy when i bleed... its minimal. its most days of the month but not alot. Do u think its fibriods as all i read is its heavy bleeding... xx thankyou 
  • Posted

Hi, I know this conversation is old. But I have a 1.6cm and I have a lot discomfort and pain constantly. Just find out I had one. They did a virginal and sound ultrasound. can 1.6 cm cause this pain and this comfort? 

Thank you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.