Fibroids

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can anyone help pls?  Heavy menstrual bleeding for years diagnosed with uterine fibroids to the point of continual bleeding had mirena coil fitted bleeding stopped a bit not started wont stop heavy again.  Gp now prescribes Norethisterone to give me a break but three days in bleeding still going. Gp says I need to give coil longer to settle down. Been bleeding for three months solid and tired of it. Any suggestions ? Thank you 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry that you have to go through this Francis. And that I can't be of more help as I don't have experience with the merena or other IUDs. But if possible, you should see a gynaecologist as this sounds very serious -3 months solid! 

I really hope you get it sorted out. 

• Posted

I was 25 when I was diagnosed with fibroids. like you I had none stop heavy bleeding for months and it wasn’t until the bleeding became so uncontrollable that I ended up in hospital that I was finally given my diagnosis (I think due to my age my gp didn’t consider fibroids). I was given norerhisterone as well as tranexamic acid and Mefenamic acid (the last two tablets I only took with the norethisterone for a few days until the bleeding stopped). I was referred to a gynaecologist who tried me on Esmya which shrinks fibroids and controls bleeding and booked in for an open myomectomy to remove the fibroids. It’s been just over a year since my operation and everything is back to normal. 
    • Posted

Thank you for taking the time to respond that is very helpful 
  • Posted

It’s time for a myomectomy. I struggled with heavy bleeding but only on my period. I was bleeding like a pig and hurting like 10/10. After my surgery, it all feels foreign because i dont bleed anymore or have cramps. I have mirena iud placed 2 months post op yo prevent growth of new fibroids and to stop my menstruations.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.