Fibroids

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ladies can anyone give me some idea of what happen to my fibroid pain ! l have been suffering for last 8 months but l noticed that the pain isnt half as bad even tho still get lower back pain l dont get up 5 times in the night to use the loo.Im 50 soon and had missed last month period and they are lighter.I have had blood work done and defo in peri and on the waiting list for a hysterectomy. My question is have the fibroids got smaller due to decrease of hormones ? l feel so much better in myself got a scan on Wed to see whats going on but in the mean time can anyone give a insight to this, has it happened to you ? xx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Fibroids do shrink with menopause. and that could be what is happening to you! if they are and you can avoid a hysterectomy than I would run with it!!  staying intact will insure you a much healthier life . hopefully your scan will show they are getting smaller. But they could have just moved! I have a large 15cm one and it does not cause me any pain at all nor do I have crazy bleeding . I am refusing the hysterectomy they are pushing so hard on me as I am 48 so this too shall pass!! good luck.
    • Posted

Julie :. No back pressure or pain? & Fibroid is 15. What sizes are the others? What symptoms do you notice? Bulk? Palpable firm area in abdomen? Any bulge to abdomen when laying flat??

• Posted

No back pain no pressure I only have one other one that I know of!  and it is hanging out in my cervix it is 4 cm. I do have a firm area in abdomen that likes to move around and yes I have a bulge in my abdomen when lying flat! that is how I found out I had fibroids. I am really terrified to have a hysterectomy as I am a small retail business owner with no help closing my door for weeks on end is just not doable as well as I cant see why I need to have my uterus and cervix removed when I have never had any pain or abnormal bleeding, The Over all damage that can be caused my Hyst. is far more scary than a couple of fibroids ... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.