Fibroids and bleeding

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I have a rather large fibroid, 13x3x12cm. My consultant prescribed me eysma in October which I took for 3 months. I had become anaemic because of really heavy periods and prolonged bleeding. Eysma stopped my periods but unfortunately has not shrunk the fibroid. I was under the impression that the effects would last 6 months, but my periods have come back just a bad as before. I am now experiencing spotting nearly every other day and not sure how normal this is? See my consultant in 3 weeks so don't want to bother my GP. I am sure he is going to suggest a hysterectomy and from previous discussions, this will involve a vertical cut because of where it is. Has anyone out there experienced anything similar? 

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I share your pain,currently waiting for esmya to kick in ( how long does this take please? My bleeding is horrendous .

I too have been told I will need vertical cut surgery to deal with my 2 alien grapefruit!

A friend of mine had the embolisationfor her fibroids but they returned within 6 months and she needed the hysterectomy .

I am.waiting for a date but need to get my iron levels up first

I wish you all the very best . This condition is so life limiting I cannot do my walking or dancing or today even go to the office ,so on with operation I say x

• Posted

Hi, when I started on the esmya I had been bleeding for a few days. My consultant advised it wouldn't stop the bleeding, but if it was a normal? period, I wouldn't or shouldn't have another. I need for a bout a week then didn't have another for 4 months. Sheer bliss, but since I had to stop esmya they are back with a vengeance. Back at the hospital a week tomorrow and hopefully I can go back on them even if its just to stop,my periods, my last scan showedit hadn't shrunk. 

Just a daft question, but can you feel yours through your abdomen. Mine is so big I can actually move it, strangely none of my doctors have actually examined my stomach. I am begining to warm to the idea of a hysterectomy even if it will be a vertical cut. Finished my iron tablets so hopefully my iron levels are ok. Keep in touchand let me know how it goes

• Posted

Hi , yrs i can feel my aliens both from inside and out vile things !

Have just had another 6 days of exhausting bleeding but got home to find my op date of 21st April !!

Obviously scared silly but i need my active life back and a hystero is the answer . I am 49 with grown up

kids - no need for it !

So just focussing now on being as well as i can be !

Take care

• Posted

That has reassured me I thought I was the only one who could feel them. I bet itis a relief to have a date. I find out tomorrow what the next stage is in my treatment. However I am bleeding so heavily at the moment I think I will possibly just ask to have the hysterectomy
    • Posted

Home from my surgery . Seemed to go.well but very sore ! Will keep you posted.

No.post surgery bleeding whatever !!!

• Posted

glad to hear you are home, make sure u take it easy, no getting up and moving around wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.