fibroids and exercise

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi .I need some advice when it comes with exercise.

I'm usually fit and well until recently (4 months ago)

Have 2 small fibroids. Left groin pain which is usually constant.

After a break from the gym I started back last week.i didn't go crazy but I was fatigued for the rest of the week. (3days) could this be fibroid related?

I actually hope it is but feel like I'm just being hopeful.

I've been ok all day and then out of the blue sharp left groin pain and lower back pain.

I got over 6 weeks to wait until gyny appointment.

Also feel like I've got a spare tyre on stomach 😣

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I know for me with my fibroids I have very heavy menstural cycles which made me anemic which made me tired.  So, if you have heavy menstural cycles, you may be anemic.  Since March I started taking two fish oil supplements a day which has made my menstural cycle normal.  I do not get pain from my fibroids so since I am 48, I am going to wait until I go into menopause and hopefully my fibroids will shrink enough that it will not be an issue.
  • Posted

Hi Lainyjane44,

I'd say lethargy and fatigue are two of my main symptoms (aside from bleeding). Some days are better than others, although I'm pretty much permanently exhausted these days.

I think there is a lot more to these fibroids than what is currently acknowledged by the medical profession.

• Posted

Hi LainyJane,

As promised, I am finally home from my appointment. I asked the doctor about exercise and was advised to take it easy. The said yoga, walking, light bike rides are ok. Anything too strenuous is out for me. They did day to double the fluids to make sure to keep hydrated. Our bodies lose a lot during menstruation so it takes more to replenish. My appointment was at 9:00 am and I didn't get home until almost 3:00 pm. It didn't go as well as I had planned. I go back next Tuesday. I hope you are feeling a little better. HUGS

• Posted

Hiya jess

Sounds like u had a full on day.

Any size chances.

R u uk ?

Sorry if I'm abit random .its my birthday today and I've not slept half the night and I'm enjoying a bottle of red 🍷🎂👍

8.40pm here.

What's happening nxt Tues?

#45 today! Officially middle aged omg! ! X

• Posted

YAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 🎂🍷 Sounds like my kind of celebration!

They did the pelvic and I was extremely uncomfortable, so they did an ultrasound right then. After doing the uLyra sound they sent me for blood work and an emergency MRI. I had just finished getting the MRI when the nurse called and told me they got the results of the blood work back and the doctor wants to see me Tuesday to discuss it. She also stated he is staying at the office until he gets my MRI report and will call me this evening. I'm in a full blown panic now. Of course all of the poking and prodding has me in the fetal position on my couch. Sorry.😕 It's your birthday, I soooo should not be whining while you are celebrating.

• Posted

Arr bless ya I can remember it well .u will feel better tomorrow.

It's been a gd day for u so feel gd x

• Posted

Hiya. Was just wondering how you got on with your follow up appointment ☺
    • Posted

Hey! Well I'm having surgery on December 12, they are removing all of the fibroids and 12 polyps within the uterus, they are also removing at least my fallopian tubes and possibly my ovaries due to abnormal tissue growth. He had me sign consent that if needed during that for full radical hysterectomy. I'm severely anemic so we are trying to build my blood levels over the next month a half to reduce the need for blood transfusion. Any word on you??

• Posted

Hi.wow that's gd .A big step forward for u.

12th Dec is my son's 18th birthday si I will be thinking of u!

I'm still waddling around lol

Hugh pregnant look going on atm

😩😩😩

Went docs again for some relief to be given a tick list to check to see if I'm depressed as there is nothing 'physically ' wrong with me gggrrr.

Dec 3rd can't come quick enough .

• Posted

Grrr, that gets me so angry when they jump to depression... I'll keep praying for you and lighting my healing candles. I'm anxious and excited about the 12th. Happy 18th to your son. It's amazing how quickly they grow up, my oldest son is 15 already... please keep me updated on how you're doing.

• Posted

Long awaited update!

Recovering from a laparoscopy.

Totally convinced I had endometriosis as I had all the symptoms.

The fatigue had become a big problem and I had ran out of inner strength.

Results were that I had old endmetriosis but my main problem was adhesions.

Had never heard of them , but basically same symptoms. Digestive problems was a big problem.

It's were your organs are attached together by scar tissue . I had never had a surgery before. Adhesions form when your body is trying to fight something else such as Infection, trans or endometriosis.

So opting for a laparoscopy was the answer for me.

Day 7 and I'm feeling a little positive 😁

• Posted

Hi

I feel ya. I feel like I have 3 spare tires. I'm 11 days post ufe and I'm just starting to get to feeling better.

I've learned a lot about fiberoids And Uterine fibroid embolism's. My stomach is huge and I had no idea up until the last 3 months that these were my problem. I just thought my weight gain in the stomach area was getting out of control

I have 3 one is 6", another is 8" and the last is 10.6" or bigger. My belly looks very pregnant and I feel full all the time. My big one sits right on my bladder. Ugh

I would definitely listen to your body and not those doctors especially male ones. I would get them taken care of but most of the doctors will tell you not to if they're not giving you problems. Depending on your age they will only grow And your symptoms will get worse.

I let a male doctor basically talk me out of anything for about two years And I regret it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.