fibroids and feeling dreadful

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi.im new to this forum and like alot of stories I've read I'm not alone in suffering. I have a enlarged uterus and an ultrasound shown 2 small fibroids. 3.2 cm and 2.5 cm. (8 weeks ago)

Today I cannot move. I'm completely washed out. Is this normal?

I'm 44 .normally fit and healthy .

The last 12 weeks have been a nightmare. I have regular light periods.

I often look 6 months pregnant, and feel it too.

Docs don't seem that bothered and said because I don't have heavy bleeding then it shouldn't be my fibroids bothering me.

Also I occasionally get a very sharp ,intense pain shoot across my abdomen for a few seconds. Does anyone else have this? I'm totally lost to what's going on inside me.

Constant left groin pain tho .😐

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi lainyjane44,

Sorry to hear that you are suffering with fibroids, you are certainly not alone.

I too suffer from some "stabbing" pain occasionally, normally in the region where I know my fibroid is. I tend to find that physical exertion brings it on, or if my fibroid takes a knock (something as simple as going down the stairs too enthusiastically) then it definitely doesn't like that! Something like jogging brings on pain and bleeding almost straight away.

I would assume that it depends on the position of your fibroid(s) and it's size. If your uterus is enlarged, then you may also be getting some symptoms from that too.

I do hope you get some relief, unfortunately it seems that with fibroids there are no quick fixes. I'd say listen to your body though and visit your doctor if you are regularly experiencing more symptoms.

X

• Posted

Wooohooooo finaly got gyni appointment after 5 weeks want rid as soon as poss
    • Posted

Hi listened to my body for the last for days and ate rubbish and drunk far too much red wine and feel great!?!?

Work that one out!

Does fueling the fibroids make u feel ok and when yur eating well they don't get enough estrogen =u feel rubbish?? That seams to be the case??

• Posted

Woooooohoooooo finaly got gyni appointment through after 5 weeks 19th sep cant wait to b rid off this fybroid
  • Posted

That's an interesting theory Lainyjane! In the world of fibroids anything is possible...!

I've decided to go down the private route as I'm still symptomatic and waiting another 6 weeks will drive me insane. Meet with the consultant next week 👍🏼

Fingers crossed they will have some suggestions (I'm open to drinking more red wine! 🍾wink

• Posted

Let me know how u get on please !

In the mean time.... cheers 🍷👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.