Fibroids and heavy periods

Posted , 4 users are following.

medication is not controlling my condition. have reached a point of no return. visited gp and gave been given 3 options to check out

a coil

oestrogen pills

ablation

would appreciate any advice especially from others who have been through this.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi dear ask your GP for a Scan before considering for coil. Continue with the prescription such as mefanemic and tranexamic and perhalps cerelle pill to stop bleeding. You also need iron tablets keep an eye on your iron levels for blood test.

• Posted

Myonectomy is an option, remive the fibroids surgically. Either key whole, open or hysteroscpically. Find out how many, how large & location. My experience was that some doctors dont even offer as an option because the lack the surgical skills. I was told by 2 dr it woulnt work and blood loss would be so great i would end uo needing a hysterectomy in surgery anyway. Do your research & find a dr who has a surgical background

• Posted

thanks for this. doctor gave me a website to Check out all the options xx

• Posted

check out website: a gynecologist's second opinion. it was a great source if information for me or anyone who has been told they need a hysterectomy & doesnt one

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.