Fibroids, bloating, stomach size etc

Posted , 8 users are following.

.Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone else has a swollen stomach due to their fibroids? I have noticed that my stomach is very bloated/swollen and is very uncomfortable.  I now cannot lean forward when sitting down as this causes a lot of discomfort.  Also, it feels things are being pushed up toward my ribcage. I am suffering constand twinges/pain n that area to.

I am due to have my first op for fiborid removal on the 25th april.

Hope all ok  xx

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

What you mention are classic symptons of fibroids, they do cause stomach to swell and discomfort, some consultants  describe them in terms of pregnancy e.g. mine where desribed as causing my uterus to be equivalent to a 5 months pregnancy. Fibroids grow over time and can push other organs around, mine went pass my belly button, thats why its good to have them dealt with before they get bigger. I had surgery in January to remove my fibroids and now have a great quality of life. Good luck with your op.
  • Posted

hello briggsy, i know all to well how you feel right now especially the rib pain, it was so uncomfortable, i tried everything to relieve it a little.At night i used to change into my pajamas ( no bra) that helped a little, i had a large fibroid and my uterus was pushed all the way over to the right, i had terrible back pain as well.

​sorry i cant help much, i do feel your pain and good luck with your op hun x

• Posted

thanks for that - i thought it was just me! fingers crossed the op will remove them all so i can bend again!
  • Posted

I had problems with cysts on my ovaries as well as many fibroids.  The biggest one being 3 cm.  I also suffered from IBS so badly it would make me vomit at times.  I was scheduled for a hysterectomy when I returned from vacation in July.  My periods were crazy painful and clotting and bleeding off and on for 20 days out of the month.  I am 50 years old and was trying to hold out for menopause as I have heard that the fibroids stop growing once you stop menstruating.  I couldn't wait.  It was so bad it was keeping me from functioning normally in my life.  I decided to try a natural remedy of Blackstrap Molasses and Apple Cider Vinegar and it worked!  I stopped bleeding the same day I started taking it.  I have no more pain around my period or ever for that matter.  My cyst doesn't hurt anymore so I'm convinced it's either getting better or it's gone.  I haven't had IBS in two months and my period was three days instead of ten with no more bleeding in between.  If you suffer from any of these ailments you should try this remedy.  I have since cancelled my surgery.  Good Luck to all of you.  I feel your pain.  

Here's what I take:

1 Tbsp Organic Blackstrap Molasses in hot water in the morning

1 Tbsp Organic Blackstrap Molasses and 1/2 tsp Organic Apple Cider Vinegar ("with the mother" - if possible) in hot water in the evening

It's important to eat healthy and stay away from processed foods.  Also drink a lot of water.

• Posted

Please tell me were to buy these products, send me a private message if u can.

kadija

• Posted

Wow I've never heard of this. I will be trying this out as soon as possible. Thanks!
    • Posted

Wow fantastic! This is really good news. I will definitely get these stuffs.

tnx Shannon. This platform has been helpful, honestly. 

• Posted

I live in Seattle WA and I buy the organic blackstrap molasses at Whole Foods and I buy the apple cider vinegar at Albertsons Grocery Store but you can also buy them online.
  • Posted

Yes absolutely! I find it difficult to bend and tie up shoelaces, and cut my toenails, just like when I was pregnant. I also can't wear very tight jeans, on bad days I struggle to wear anything other than jogging bottoms.
  • Posted

Hi Briggsy oh yes the pregnancy belly as it's known. Yes I have a bloated tummy but it is gradually shrinking (not nearly enough) so I'm hoping for a flatter tummy once I reach 6 months post op from UFE. Hope your Fibroid removal goes well x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.