Fibroids causing bladder pressure?

Posted , 14 users are following.

I've had pressure on my bladder for years now. I've been through all of the urological tests and they are always normal. A scan revealed large fibroids that made my uterus = to an 18-week pregnancy. One doctor said a fibroid was causing my urethra to kink, which led to urinary retention. I had uterine fibroid embollisation (UFE) in December, but it did not shrink the fibroids enough. Apparently, I still have one pressing n my bladder. I do not have any complaints about my periods, which is what most women with fibroids complain about (although my fibroids are subserosal).

My symptoms are: intense pressure on my bladder, which gets unbearable before my period and alleviates somewhat at the end of my period; constant feeling that I need to pee (not urgency, though); weak stream; tender to touch lower pelvis sometimes; discharge, but can't tell if it's vaginal or urinary. I DO NOT have burning, urgency, odour.

Does anyone have any experience with bladder symptoms being from fibroids? I am scheduled for a hysterectomy, but am freaking out -- what if this is not caused by my fibroids at all, but instead is some bizarre bladder condition?!

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Murnaloo, I know you had posted this 2 years ago, but your symptoms of the constant feeling of needing to go to pee with a weak stream and NO burning after peeing or during also I feel pressure on my bladder which makes me feel like peeing all the time. I've been to my doctor and because this is not a urine infection she thinks I am making these symptoms up, so I googled around and I believe that my fibroids ( yes I do have them, I had an ultrasound) are the cause of this really uncomfortable feeling, I'm having broken sleep, its awful. I have emailed my doctor to get her opinion and now waiting.

• Posted

omg you sound exactly like me! pressure on my bladder and swelling. just this week ive started having intense pain in bed. i was up ever hour last night. somedays are worse than others. i now also leak just after a wee so i have to we bend then wipe . its all hard work embarassing at 49 and am constantly aware of smelling 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.