Fibroids causing hernia

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all I wondered if anyone on here has had a Umbilical Hernia caused by large fibroids. If no one has then I'm just a freak of nature lol

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Patricia,

If you don't mind you can tell me where umbilical hernia is found (is at umnili al code area?)and how to know you have it.?can you feel it by touching or which tests do you do. BECAUSE immediate below my lib cage(somewhere up where the stomach is found, i have a swelling and when i google i read hernia, ??? Which am not sure of & it happened bcoz of fibroids problem.so i wonder do your feel the same? Sometimes i have burning pain above this place when am stressed or hungry.when i lost my husband early this year,i had scan made on this area whole of above stomach & chest area coz i had burning issue,but they did not say anything found wrong here,they only said "alot of fibroids"..& the doctors said am just stresed,.so i don't too understand if others have such issues and how to go about them.

I can only wish you well and you can maybe have some scan done to know whatsup there.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Ruguru. Thanks for your reply. A umbilical hernia is a hernia of the belly button. I got cos of my Fibroid being 10cm. It's now 7cm.

I'm sorry for you losing your husband that must be tough. It sounds like you could have a Hernia Gyn and GP have both confirmed that I have one caused by the Fibroid.

• Posted

Hello Patricia,

I don't have Umbilical hernia but I think it mostly depends on where they are located and in which order. For example, I have six fibroids, one big as tennis ball  the others like golf balls and bit less too. they are esternal on the right side of uterus and one only on the left side  esternal. in my case they affect on my legs, I have pain on long them, with costant back bain and often groin pain that doesn0t  allow me to move even sleep well. Could I ask you where you have them and how big they are?? and also if don't find answer from this forum better call your gynie. 

• Posted

Hi Patricia,

You`re not a freak of nature, coz i have the same thing and that`s how my doctor discovered my 20 cm fibroid. now i am scheduled for a surgery to remove my fibroid and fix my hernia next week.

• Posted

Patricia,

A couple of months ago, I noticed some tenderness around my belly button as my period was ending.  First I thought it was just the button on my pants but when I googled, I came up with the same thing as you.  Since it wasn't bad pain or long lasting I opted not to really worry about it.  Google is probably not the best thing for some of us.  If you're really in pain or worried, see someone.  It might just be some strange radiating pain due to the fibroid and not a hernia at all. 

• Posted

Sorry.  I just read that you've confirmed that you have one.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.