Fibroids, constipation and sick of drinking!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Sooo - I am waiting for my hysterectomy - which is getting closer. However - as I have bowel issues with my lovely fibroid - I am on laxatives every day - so I have to drink at least 4 pints of water a day. I am not someone who likes lots of liquid - never have - and now I am finding I really struggle to get this down me! This morning was bad - it was just making me gag. I actually measure what I need to drink each day - otherwise I would not drink enough. My other issue is its making my stomach extra bloated - and I had a hiatus hernia repair done 2 years ago - scared it will damage the work done there. Can't wait to get rid of this alien! Anyone think of better ways to stay hydrated without bloat? I don't drink fizzy drinks and have very little coffee in a day.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Try staying away from wheat.  Everytime I eat wheat I have bowel issues.  If I can stay away from wheat my bowels feel great.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply! I don't have problems with wheat - I only know this as I didn't have it for 8 weeks post-op 2 years ago - and when I did have it again I was fine. Strangely enough I actually think I have been eating too much fibre!!! This can make you bloat and dehydrate you. I was told to try and eat more fibre to keep things moving - it's just finding the balance. Been told my bowel should start working normally after I have and recover from my hysterectomy. Will be glad to bin the laxatives too - they taste awful!

• Posted

Hey Glennie ?? yeah I'm having to live on laxatives too! Herbal tea is great maybe drink lots of that? The pukka make is good or just shops own? Peppermint or chamomile is good but I drink hot water! Have done for nearly 20 years now x

• Posted

Never been able to get away with tea/infusions in any shape or form - no idea why! Found out that I really love hot ribena - so thats a help! Think I may have just eaten something that didn't agree - as I have settled down as far as not feeling sick anymore - although I am sick of those blinking laxatives - think I would rather lick wallpaper than drink them things! I was given another laxative to try on top - but it was way too much for my system to handle - I couldn't move far from the loo for about 4 hours and I was at work! Not good!!! Have you heard anything about an op date yet? 

• Posted

Oh bloody hell I hate it too!! Like drinking wallpaper paste!! I've had 3 sachets today and only worked a bit!? Tempted to take more!? Thing is though we are so squished hardly anything will work really!! It's the main reason I'm having the op!! Been doing some chasing and reckon 1st or 2nd week in May thank f**k !! I'm losing the will to live! Are you? Sorry if I've forgotten to reply to any of your threads, there are loads on the go haha! Bet you're glad you're evicting them buggers soon eh? X I used to like hot ribena too!! Hibiscus is similar x

• Posted

Haha!! Yeah I think wallpaper paste too! It's either cardboard orange or slimey lime depending on which satchets the pharmacy have in at the time. I think the cardboard orange is slightly less offensive!  I know what you mean about the posts that come up - no you haven't missed any - but I was feeling pretty sorry for myself when I wrote this one. I guess I have a little rant on here as the people around you hear enough - and also don't really know what to say to comfort you - as they don't know how it feels! I will be glad to get rid of these b*stard fibroids - but the op literally scares the poop out (pardon the pun)! And now I have most my free time planned by sorting stuff out pre-op.  Time flies! Still had no paperwork - and I'm not sure if this gynae wants me to clear my poop chute before the op - could be interesting ..... eek

• Posted

Hahaha I wish it would scare the poop out of us bird!! I'm scared too but just focus on how well you'll feel after you've recovered! We'll be ok! I won't be far behind you! Maybe call them and chase the paperwork? Where are you? The UK? Don't worry about ranting ! Pm me any time! That bloody laxido makes me bloated too ! I can't breath from all the restriction today?! Haha never thought of that!! Not sure!? I know we can't eat!! I wish someone would clear mine now! 😂

• Posted

Yeah I'm in the UK. Yep got the Laxido too - as for Dulcolax - was told to take that when the laxido wasn't working - oh boy - if you need a clean out take a couple of them! I can guarantee you will be in the smallest room for sometime. It was sooooo bad! No warning - just go now - and you can't even walk properly - I must have looked like a bloody penguin shuffling to the loo holding my cheeks tight eek one false move and game over !!! So if you truly need a good clean out - try them! 

• Posted

I'm sure I asked you before if UK or US haha sorry! Oh my god!! Hahaha I shouldn't laugh but better than crying eh? I just took docusate! 😮 Is that the same thing?

• Posted

Will check the magic ingredients - messaged you too - OK Dulcolax has biscodyl 5mg in it. I thnk that is the stuff they can use to clean you out before an op. It's says it's 'gentle' overnight relief. As 'gentle' as a sledgehammer! My Dad even offered me some incontinence knickers that my Mum used to use (why he has kept them since she died - God knows) - I declined !!!   cry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.