Fibroids, Cyst, endometriosis

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have a fibroid on my left ovary, cyst and endometriosis. My period last month, was for 8 days beginning of april. I now have more bleeding, that went from very light to extremely heavy flow. Has anybody experienced these problems and what helped them. My fibroid has grown to 6.6 cm it tripled in size.

I am really worried i will have to have a hysterectomy at 30 years old. I want to have children one day. Is it possible to have kids with all these problems? Thank you for listening.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Why are you having a hysterectomy???? 🗣There our other options like open myomectomy, laparoscopic myomectomy and other methods. I want kids too so i told my gynocologist i was not going to have a hysterectomy so I spoke to a surgeon about having a laparoscopic myomectomy and i ending up having an open myomectomy. I was told thay after 3-6 months i can start thinking of having a baby on the 8th makes 7 weeks. You'

should really talk to somebody else if your doctor is not listening to you. that's what I did when my gynecologist kept throwing in my face the hysterectomy. It's your body's not their choice. You have to fight for what you want so if you want kids I suggest you get a second opinion don't give up🙌🏾 good luck!!🙄 if you have any questions feel free to ask anything📝!

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

I hope you are looking into other options.  Going to a gynecologist is the first step, but then I ended up going to an Interventional radiologist for my fibroid care.  My fibroids were 2 cm - 13 cm, and they have since shrunk.  I am passed my childbearing age, so I had a uterine fibroid embolization. Pam is right that there are other options.  A friend of mine had a myomectomy because she still wanted the chance to have children.

Good luck Sarah and hope all goes well.

• Posted

Hi Sarah, I am 33 years old and also had endo and 5 fibroids ranging from 4cm to 8cm. Just like pam I also wanted lap surgery but the doc informed me that open would be better due to various factors.  

In my opinion you definitely do not have to consider a hysterectomy, there are great doctors out there just like pam and cindy said. You just have to communicate with them, tell them your fears, ask them all the questions you want. 

Good luck 😊

• Posted

I have one having size of 8.5cm, but few days ago I am feeling swelling in my lower abdomen and pubis vulva regions , is it a normal symptom of fibroid?

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

I have just found this site and I have the same conditions like you. I have multiple fibroids, a cyst and endometreosis along with adenomyosis.

Please can you let me know how it worked out for you. I have just found out and been suggested surgery however have yet to get a doctors appointment.

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks

Rea

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

I stumbled on your post and i am going through the same exact thing! I believe there are options out there, I ended up getting a second opinon because now my periods are at 15 days Heavy flow. stay postive and hang in there

• Posted

Hi , I just read your message.

Can you please let me know what was the second opinion offered to you? Are you considering surgery coz that's what I have been advised.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks

Rea

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.