Fibroids ? Dizziness ?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am wondering if anyone that has fibroids and an enlarged uterus ever experienced everyday dizziness.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michele, 

Yes I have - I was in hospital yesterday with bad aneamia as a result of bleeding fibroid. Get a blood test to check your iron levels and iron stores - hope you feel better x

• Posted

I have, but it was because of the fibroids that I bleed so much during my periods that I was anemic.  I do not know if you have had a blood test to test your iron, but you probably should.  And if it not from being low on iron, you should find out why your are dizzy.  You do not want to fall and hurt yourself.
  • Posted

I have the same if you have heavy periods like I have it may be that your low on iron this can make you feel dizzy and very tired.
  • Posted

hi Michelemuffin,

its common thing with fibroids sufferers,

its a sign that you are anemic because of heavy bleeding. you need iron tablets. blood capsules

• Posted

I have had my iron checked and I am not anemic. I have had a brain MRI, ears checked and heart checked and all was normal so idk why I have the dizziness and I guess I will never know.
    • Posted

Fibroids can affect your body in many ways. A lot of blood is being diverted from other areas to 'feed' the fibroids. This is most likely the cause of dizziness, exhaustion, weakness, etc.

This is how my doctor explained it anyway.

• Posted

I had dizzy spells every day for a few months, medication helped but didnt eradicate it. Physio helped a lot but I wasnt totally free of it until I got rid of the fibroids. This went on for 2 years.
    • Posted

Was you ever anemic ? I was diagnosed with fibroids in 2011 but didn't have a bad bleeding and clot episode until October 2013 then after the first of the year in 2014 that's when my dizziness started and I had every test imaginable which all turned out normal so I still have the everyday dizziness and have to accept the fact that I may never find out what is causing the dizziness . I was also diagnosed last year with anxiety but there is no way the dizziness that I have is anxiety related . I just wish I could be normal again.

• Posted

Yes I was anemic also and on iron supplements for 4 years, I just stopped taking them 6 months ago. I think it's normal to have a list of health problems when you have fibroids as it sucks a lot of much needed energy, blood and nutrients from your body. I too suffered from anxiety, erratic mood swings, depression, aches, pains, shivers, sweating, balance issues, exhaustion, pain, bleeding, clots, flooding etc. Not all at the same time but frequently having 4-6 of them all at once periodically over past 4 years.

So I know the feelings of despair and hopelessness, but help is out there, seek a treatment for your fibroids. I didn't think all of the above issues were caused by the fibroids, my doctor said it was a possibility. After my treatment all of my symptoms either disappeared or reduced in frequency and or intensity and I feel soooo much better. Help is out there.

Let me know if I can help with anything else. Take care and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers

• Posted

hello yes l had that feel dizzy l had enlarged uterus its very strange feelings and l feel my womb move around inside l just know whats happening its really horrible. did you get that feeling inside the womb its fibroids.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.