Fibroids...have I got them??

Posted , 5 users are following.

:shock: I have been having symptoms for ages..heavyish periods, large blood clots, frequent and urgent urination, constant backache, exhaustion, out of breath, shooting pain and cramps. I have been to the GP numerous times with these symptoms individually over the last 3 1/2 years and never been diagnosed with anything. My belly now feels bloated and I seemed to have gained weight for no apparant reason. I recently had a really bad cough which made most of the symptoms worse, my back ache is so bad now it hurts just to walk around and my tum feels like I'm carrying twins. Trying to get another GP apointment but its a case of call every day and see whats available if anything. I will only see my lady doctor, I do not want to discuss this with a male doctor whom I have never met!!! I have been on the net researching for days and keep coming back to the same thing..FIBROIDS...please can anyone tell me who has had/have them if my symptoms sound familier.....Thanks...very worried now!!!

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear all,

First I had fibroids that were removed 5 weeks ago. I went through a lot to get this result. I went through 3 different hospitals to get what I want eventually. I wont bore you with the details.

I and a consultant at the hospital are considering setting up a fibroid support group to help women like yourself. Nothing concrete yet.

Take care. Thanks in advance.

Nicki

[i:31b7b54103][color=olive:31b7b54103]Sorry but Patient Admin have removed either a telephone number, an email address, and or web address, from this posting, as it is the policy of Patient UK not to publish these on this forum. [/color:31b7b54103][/i:31b7b54103]

• Posted

hi. I`m 39 and have several fibroids on uterus and 1 in broad ligament around uterus. I have been offered a hysterectomy when i`m ready. (i was only sterilized 3 months ago!) I was quite shocked and upset at prospect of hyst but now feel it will give me a new life. Painfree hopefully!!

Has anyone else had experience of fibroids in broad ligament?

[/quote]

• Posted

NICE have now issued new guideline for patients with heavy menstual bleeding due to fibroids and it is very interesting. it states that women should be offered the choice to have their fibroids embolised if suitable. more information on treatment and a copy of the guidelines can be found at online at uk fibroid experts
  • Posted

Hey ladies, I am 42 years old and was told I had 5 Fibroids. My reason for going to my Gyn with the problem is that for 2 days out of the 6 days of my cycle I would cramp so bad til I didn't wanna get out of bed and the

bleeding was really heaving during those 2 days. And my stomach swelling has always been a nightmare

for me. I thought it was because I had problems going to the bathroom but now after all my research I see that the constipation and swelling and feeling full just from drinking a swallow of water is because of the fibroids. I have two grown kids so after talking to my Gyn a hysterectomy was not a problem. I just want all of this to be over. So I'm actually looking forward to doing the hysterectomy and being back to normal and going

back to my size Med shirts instead of Xlg. This is a great forum!

• Posted

I have fibroids. One is on top of my uterus measuring 3.5 cm and I have others inside. I have the EXACT symptoms as you and 8 different doctors told me these are NOT causing these issues. I cannot take the anymore.
    • Posted

Hello Lioness1970, I have been having all of these symptoms for about a week.  I thought I might have a prolapsed uterus--in the process of getting a doc appt.  I am 47 years old, delving into pre-menopause and have been getting a big tummy for a couple of years now.  Have had heavy bleeding all my life and lately with blood clots.  Just a week ago I felt a couple of pinches and then about an hour later low back pain, fullness/heaviness in abdomen.  Some days are really uncomfortable and some days not so bad.  Not sure to hope for a prolapse or fibroids.  Nice to know I am not alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.