Fibroids maybe???

Posted , 5 users are following.

UK

Hi everyone,

I missed my period in June/July and started it again in August. However, this time is was extremely heavy and with clots leading me to bleed for ten days. However, I have been experiencing light spotting in between my periods since.

My lower stomach feels bloated plus, I have a few noticeable hairs on my upper lip. My back aches quite frequently plus forever having to pass urine alot more.

I went for my smear test Monday just gone, now waiting for an appointment for a Transvaginal. (Hope I spelt it correctly)

Has anyone experience this before?

P.s. I'm a newbie

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, yes , i have experienced what you have to and it could be fibroids or even just a cyst . theyll see what it is during the transvaginal ultrasound. i had 2 of them done on me while i had heavy bleeding and huge clots and there they were " the fibroids and cysts . i took fibristal daily l for 3 months and it shrunk them and solved the heavy bleeding issues . thank god cause it was a nightmare for almost 3 monthes straight bleeding and huge clots before they figured out what was wrong. hang in there , im sure theyll get yours sorted out too. wow! us woman sure deal with so many issues eh? im so thankful for these forums , its helped me learn alot . welcome to the forums and hugs from canada

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply 😉😉

It's been driving me crazy not to mention the constant tiredness.

I'm so happy you got yours sorted. As women, we truly do deserve a Gold medal for all our trails and tribulations.

• Posted

the symptoms you are having could be a number of things including fibroids or pcos. Hopefully your test will determine the issue and treatment if required and you can manage what you're going through.

I had bloating, periods that made me pass out or vomit with the pain, clotting, long periods up to 2 weeks at times and pre menstrual pain in my back, legs and breasts for 2 weeks leading up to my period.

All in all, I had a bout 5 to 7 days pain free a month and even then I looked 3-6 months pregnant at any time depending on where I was in my cycle.

3yrs ago i had injections to shrink my 1 large fibroid to an operable state and then had uterine artery embolisation. my fibroids grew back quickly though and 2 years later I needed an open abdominal myomectomy where they found 5 new fibroids. its been a year since then I still get bad bloating, hair growth where I don't want it and painful (but manageable) periods and feel like they are back as I know my own body and the signs. the operation revealed some endometriosis which explains the painful periods continuing but the rest of my ongoing symptoms are possibly fibroid related. reluctant to go and get checked until I need to as my next up will need to be a hysterectomy due to the scar tissue from 2 ops and I'm only 32. I need my hormones as long as I can keep them.

keep me posted on how it goes for you and I hope it's something more manageable than problematic fibroids. maybe a hormone imbalance, pcos or endemitriosis xx

• Posted

@emma89480

You had a uterine artery embolisation 3 years. How long was your healing process. I had mine done in late June 2018 and I have had medium to heavy discharge daily since. I'm not overly concerned as I've been told only to worry if discharge starts to smell - which it hasn't (thank God & fingers crossed). Did you get discharge and for how long?

My eyes got really wide when I read that your fibroids came back after the UAE and myomectomy - sorry about your ongoing issues. I had a myomectomy in 2014, and don't fancy having surgery again if the UAE doesen't work. I really thought that would be it!

Thank you

• Posted

Thank you hun.

I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through.

I will definitely keep you posted.

• Posted

imagethe symptoms you are having could be a number of things including fibroids or pcos. Hopefully your test will determine the issue and treatment if required and you can manage what you're going through.

I had bloating, periods that made me pass out or vomit with the pain, clotting, long periods up to 2 weeks at times and pre menstrual pain in my back, legs and breasts for 2 weeks leading up to my period.

All in all, I had a bout 5 to 7 days pain free a month and even then I looked 3-6 months pregnant at any time depending on where I was in my cycle.

3yrs ago i had injections to shrink my 1 large fibroid to an operable state and then had uterine artery embolisation. my fibroids grew back quickly though and 2 years later I needed an open abdominal myomectomy where they found 5 new fibroids. its been a year since then I still get bad bloating, hair growth where I don't want it and painful (but manageable) periods and feel like they are back as I know my own body and the signs. the operation revealed some endometriosis which explains the painful periods continuing but the rest of my ongoing symptoms are possibly fibroid related. reluctant to go and get checked until I need to as my next up will need to be a hysterectomy due to the scar tissue from 2 ops and I'm only 32. I need my hormones as long as I can keep them.

keep me posted on how it goes for you and I hope it's something more manageable than problematic fibroids. maybe a hormone imbalance, pcos or endemitriosis xx

• Posted

the image attached was from my recent op but not all 5 are showing due to formatting. I haven't seen many pictures of what fibroids look like and thought someone might appreciate seeing them. I took this photo from my hospital chart.

Hope it's informative and helpful xx

• Posted

yes, have experienced this, but ignored the symptoms to my detriment. Good that you are investigating this further.

All the best

xoxo

• Posted

To answer your question yes i have experienced similar symptoms and it turned out to be Fibroids. For you though , wait until you get your results before you get too concerned.

To give you some peace of mind, when i found out i was so scared because i've been pretty healthy all my life. My symptoms were extreme as my menstural cycle would last for 13 long ars days!! I felt like i was forever bleeding. I tried changing my diet and seeing a nautropath to avoid surgery. Eventually i gave in and did a Myomectomy in September 2017. They removed 16 yup 16 fibroids from my uterus, largest one was about 7 centimetres. Even the surgeon was in shock. its been over a year now and i feel amazing! Periods are back to normal and my stomach went down significantly. I pray you dont have to go through that. Hopefully fibistal will do the trick. All the best hun!

• Posted

Hey Ladies,

Just a quick update, I have my pelvic and Transvaginal scan tomorrow. For the past week or so, I was prescribed Norethisterone for the constant bleeding.

I can't wait to get to the root of this issue.

After, I've received my results I will inform you all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.