Fibroids... Norethisterone... Light bleeding

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I have three fibroids, am 25 and awaiting a myoectomy. I have been on Norethisterone for the past three months after esmya didn't agree with me. I have had days of light bleeding but have had light bleeding on and off for 7 days now and wondered whether other people had experienced this. My dr has said in the past not to worry if the bleeding is light.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes same for me been on notethesterone since March and spot brown discharge lathe way through.i do 3 weeks on and a weeks break what about you? Breakthrough bleeding is a side effect xxx
  • Posted

Thanks for the reply. I take norethisterone all the time, I don't have a break as the bleeding becomes so bad and I end up being anemic. This is the longest breakthrough bleed I have had... Mainly brown or light red but its good to know its a common side effect. 

• Posted

It is mine is light but always there ! Wasn't first two months but is now.i know what you mean last weeks break my bleed was horrendous flooding and huge clots and getting worse as each month passes.i thought norethesterone thins the lining while on it so it's hard to understand it.im going to speak to my dr see if I can just carry on taking it too.my clots last week were size of tennis balls but it only lasted 4 days so that was better lol xx

• Posted

Yeah you should definitely speak to your doctor about staying on them. with me it got to the point where each time I bled heavily I couldn't leave he house and became anemic so was signed off work until my blood levels returned to normal so got to the point where the doctor was like stay on them as it effects your life to much, plus my fibroids haven't grown in the time I have stayed on Norethisterone continuously so don't think it matters too much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.