fibroids ruining my life

Posted , 21 users are following.

Really need some advice from from women who have fibroids. Really struggling. I have severe bleeding 24/7 (clotting), nausea, back pain, abdominal cramps. My consultant put me on gonapeptyl injection for 3 months which stopped the bleeding and improved my quality of life but that was only temporary and 3 months has finished now. Dreading this all over again. Want to start a family in next year or two. Contraceptive pill doesn't work and doctors don't want to operate because I'm so young and have no children. I have 5 fibroids in total. Where to go from here?

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi kb112

I'm at my wit's end as well. I've been bleeding constantly for the past 4 months with only a couple days break. I have all the symptoms of fibroids, pain in my left side of back, constipation, sore breasts, very depressed. I was supposed to be doing a 10 day temp job this week, but had to tell them I couldn't continue after day 1. This has been going on for the past 3 years, and getting worse.

My gp and the gyn I just saw have not even mentioned fibroids as a possibility, and keep wanting to stick me on the coil, which I don't want. They were mentioning endometriosis a year ago, but my symptoms now seem to fit fibroids more. I'm currently on tranexamic acid and meclonfenic acid but it's not helping me, still bleeding and clotting and miserable. I just want a hysterectomy but they don't even know what's wrong with me yet. Getting an ultrasound later this month but the one I had a year ago was completely clear. I'm afraid they won't figure out what's wrong and I'll just be in pain and bleeding forever. 

I keep hearing on here and other forums how long this process takes and I'm ready to just give up. My husband doesn't really understand fully what I'm going through right now and I have no females I can speak to. Feel free to message me.

• Posted

Hi catcord, how are you doing?Have you had your ultrasound yet? sorry to hear you are experiencing the same symptoms. i myself have gone down the alternative route of chinese medicine (herbs) as the hospitals and pills were doing nothing for me. my poor boyfriend is confused and doesnt know whats going on. if you want to message me, you can smile x
  • Posted

hi ladies, sorry for not being online much. things seems to just be getting worse. last year before xmas i was told i have 5 fibroids, now ive been told i have 7. they just keep growing. i ended up in the emergency ward last saturday morn as i basically collapsed with pain and bleeding. they prescribed more of the same pills and said " there nothing more we can do for you". very angry, depressed and frustrated. ive been told basically to just have a baby. thats the solution ive been given! how can i have a baby if i cant have sex because im bleeding all the time! my poor boyfriend and myself have no sex life and its putting an awful lot of strain on our relationship. ive gone down the herbal route since last week (chinese medicine). so since taking a herbal tea twice a day after breakfast and dinner, the bleeding has minimised alot. only have a couple of drops now per day. i will be starting acupuncture as well in a few weeks. but what im really concerned about is can I have children and will I be able to have a normal sex life? my relationship is crumbling. if i cant have children and this ruins my relationship, i will fall to pieces, that would break me completely. 
    • Posted

Hello, I'm dealing with the exact symptoms; my Gyno has suggested for me to get back on birth control and that it should help; I'm in my 2nd month w the nuvaring and the 1st month worked just fine, the bleeding stopped and then I had a heavy period just fine. I'm bleeding now even with the nuvaring in, my Gyno doesn't know why. I'm going to hawai next month (March) for the 1st time in my life and I'm worried im going to be gushing blood like I am right now, I mean I have to change my pad and tampon every 2 hrs or it will go through my clothes.. I don't know what to do, please help. My doctor wants to do a myosetomy surgery to remove the 3 fibroids I have (size of a golf ball each), I'm turning 40 in March 5th and my boyfriend is not ready to have kids (that's another story), I read of a shot I can get to stop the bleeding? 
    • Posted

Hi Rosanna, how are you doing these days? I had an injection every month for 3 months to stop the bleeding. Is that what you are referring to? Its bring son the menopause. How was Hawaii? 
  • Posted

hi my blood tests came back fine which i dont understand why im still bleeding, i stopped a whole week then i started again i dont knw why its causing this i looked up on line it could be a number of things my doctor really isnt helping but its now 7 weeks now and how much is in there to come out lol. i just want it to stop all together i asked my doctor to have my whole womb taken out as im 41 i cant have anymore kids so i dont see the reason to have something there when i cant use it lol she said if i had the the op i start my menopause i said i rather have it now then later on i cant put up with this any longer i feel abit better less tired and drained its not as heavy as before less blood clots but still it must get every one down when u dont knw why its happening x
    • Posted

i havent taken any iron tablets or vitiamins should i try that as i dont eat very much i lack fruit and veg i only eat one meal a day it could be that or im over weight maybe 
    • Posted

Hi Tracey, you can still be bleeding and your blood results can come back normal. Something in there is causing the bleeding for you. I would recommend starting iron tablets, eating red meat and fruit and veg. I would check out all your options before having your womb taken out.  You need to ask for an ultrasound or an internal examination to see if there's fibroids there. I would say to you to eat regularly to keep your blood sugar levels up and keep your strength as the bleeding can make you very very weak. Message me if you want to xx
    • Posted

Hi Tracey, you can still be bleeding and your blood results can come back normal. Something in there is causing the bleeding for you. I would recommend starting iron tablets, eating red meat and fruit and veg. I would check out all your options before having your womb taken out.  You need to ask for an ultrasound or an internal examination to see if there's fibroids there. I would say to you to eat regularly to keep your blood sugar levels up and keep your strength as the bleeding can make you very very weak. Message me if you want to xx
    • Posted

hi thanks for getting back to me yes my thyroids came back fine and hornmones too yes i try and eat plenty of fruit and veg see uf that helps i be getting some iron tablets see if that works for now xx
  • Posted

my bleeding is gettin better slowly now not as much but i do get the pains it feels like contractions lol i have been sterolized mostly lower down on my right side weird dull pain and then the pains get worse inside my womb i dont knw if that is some thing to panic about but im very worried why the pains are so annoying or its the stages of stopping i dont knw never felt this before the pain s x
    • Posted

well maybe not its really getting me down i just went to toliet then hold me down i bleed again not alot but i wish it would just stop how much more is there or am i bleeding to death thats how it feels one minute i stopped then im back on if its not my thryroids then it must be fibroids or cancer as i had another letter for my smear test but i cant do anything about it cause of this i have to go back t the doctors see what they say i think i just not very happy always crying something is def wrong with me x
    • Posted

Hi Tracey how are you doing these days? Is the pain still very bad? Please dont presume that this is cancer because you got an abnormal smear result, alot of women get abnormal smear results. I have a new doctor, am now taking Primolut 3 times a day and getting the mirena durint the summer under anaesthetic.
  • Posted

2tbs black strap molasses and 2tbs apple cider vinegar mix in a glass and drink 2times a day one hour after meal. Rub in your lower stomach castor oil, take a small cotton towel and soak it in cadtor oil as well. Warm it up in the pan in the oven on 180 C( make dure it doesn't catch on fire! ). Put it warm as possible on your stomach and put an electrical heating pad on top.. Apply this every night for an hour and a half to 2 hours. take capsules of estrosmart or estrosence herbal remedies 4capsules a day and evening primrose oil capsules 4capsules  a day. Change your diet: eat only fruits and vegetables and grains and salmon.for protein intake start taking herbal supplement Vegan. After a month you will see a difference. I have 3 big fibroids and all the same symptoms like you and today I had my first period without a pain after 25years of devastating pain every month. I was in tears of joy! Hopefully this helps. Good luck!

Anna

• Posted

Thank you Anna for your recommendation. I will definitely try this xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.