Fibroids ruining my life

Posted , 9 users are following.

Fibroids did years now waiting surgery to reduce them daily large clots taking provera 60mg daily but still bleeding to point of dizziness struggling to manage flow as just non stop.  Any advice am loosing the will.  

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

How long have you been taking Provera for and does it work? Am on it just now but bleeding x
    • Posted

Have been on provera for about month but increased amount for last two days   Clots and heavy bleeding back.  At wits end. Yes 
  • Posted

Hi Francis, I am not familiar with Provera but I have been put on Esmya before and I bled for almost 3 months straight, with uncontrollable heavy days, clots and all. I ended up in hospital where they have given me an iron transfusion- that helped a lot! I since stopped the esmya (banned anyway now) and I didn't take anything at all. I'd say to try to get iron transfusion as you will be anemic due to the blood loss which causes the body bleed even more... also try Apple cider vinegar and organic black strap mollases, that seems to help to increase iron. I find that getting off all medication and changing my diet made my symptoms much better. So far no reduction in my fibroid size but at least my periods are somewhat regular and I got my life back (ish). Don't give up, things will improve if you get your body a chance. Good luck and sending love & hugs 🍀??

• Posted

Hi Francis,

I had that too. I found that trying to keep my iron levels up helped and my doctor prescribed me mefenamic acid which also helped immensely for me. Do keep asking the doctors, somethings work well for some people and others for others, keep at it, keep trying. Good Luck. x

• Posted

Thank you. Am having my first zoladex injection next Friday which will put me in to an early menopause ! Hopefully this will help 
    • Posted

I had my injection yesterday but would rather have menopause then bleeding but they say not everyone get those symptoms and you can get hrt to help the symptoms too. Roll on my hysterectomy x
  • Posted

New to this group.  Sorry you're suffering so much.  You might want to consider UFE (uterine fibroid embolization), a minimally invasive way to treat the fibroids without surgery!  Good luck!

• Posted

I had UFE and never worked for me now have to have a hysterectomy. I think depends where you fibroid is if you benefit from UFE X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.