Fibroids uterine surgery healing

Posted , 3 users are following.

Its post 3 months after i did an open myomectomy. my problem is my incision still gets swollen and i have discomfort sometimes... has anyone experienced this? What was the solution? It worries me

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This is a difficult healing process. Look up Castor Oil Packs on YouTube and try that. It helped me.
  • Posted

Hi Andy 1116, I don't know what swollen means to you so I will assume inflamed and tender, and in the area surrounding the incision. I highly recommend you see a medical practitioner aside from your gyn surgeon. Here's why. I know someone who had gauze & a glass fragment mistakenly forgotten in their accident wound site when their life was being desperately saved. The sealed wound site was constantly inflamed and tender until a doctor did a scan and found out her body was fighting these foreign objects. If you were just having occasional pain I'd say its prolonged healing. But if you have inflammation, it could be more than that. Just check with someone else.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.