Fibroids uterus

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

I had an open myomectomy last year May , since then I'm having irregular periods, the flow is too little , sometimes it lasts for atleast one day. I've been ttc with no luck. My gynae prescribed fertab for me they got me sick .has anyone ever had an experience like this one . If yes please assist me .it worries me.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I do. same surgery time frame as you-May. Period week of surgery. Light. No period till July- was average. August period- very heavy- hemorrhage. September- heavy but not as bad. October- No period. Late November- light barely there period. Menstrual pain on day 1 like when I was a teenager & in early 20s. December- no period but all the signs came and went and I had a day about the time it'd show when I had like post menstrual blood. Yesterday- full blown but regular healthy bleeding. Menstrual pain like a teen. I guess my uterus can once again contract without all the intramural fibroids.

Doc advised me that my period s will be irregular as I healed. He said it takes months. Now my caVeat - I started strength training in October. I wonder if I also had Hypothalamic amenorrhea that has nothing to do with my surgery. female athletes go through this when they lose body fat. I lost body fat. I stopped exercising last week of Christmas. I have not returned to the gym and my period returned.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Heh, I'm having the opposite problem. I had my myomectomy last month and My period came back with a VENGEANCE. I've been bleeding for three weeks straight, now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.