Fibroids years after hysterectomy?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a hysterectomy and everything else removed  in 2013, and a fibroid removed in 2015. Now there’s another unknown mass in the same spot as the 2015 fibroid. GP said  this may be another fibroid. Anyone experience this? When will it end?!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

So sorry to hear. Don't know. But did you ask your doctor if a fibroid outside the uterine muscle is medically possible? Also, I don't know what all is removed in a hysterectomy but I wonder If there is the possibility of some residual uterine tissue, and what you have is truly a fibroid growing from that tissue. Maybe an Ovarian cyst?

Best wishes!

• Posted

If you are on hrt then I would guess it could be possible. Let me know - as I had fibroid growing outside my womb and I wouldn' t want that again!

• Posted

I used to call my fibroid the alien - and yours truly seems to be that way! I did read that your thyroid can have links to fibroids - so I don't know if you have problems there. I did a bit of research when I found out about my fibroid - I was post menopause and had been on hrt for a number of years. I didn't think I would be able to grow one! Good luck getting this sorted!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.