Fibromayalga or nerve pain?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

4 years ago for 3 months in 2013 i had a herniated disk L5/S1 and went undiagnosed by gp for 5 weeks kept fobbing me off saying dont even bother with ibruprofen just take paracitamol when id gone cuz neither was touching the pain and strong spasams and pins n needles in legs and feet, she finally after going to her 5 times sent me to phsyio who said straight away hearniated disks L5/S1 and i explained ehat doc had done and he sent me back to gp with a letter stating of course i need cocoadamol 30/500 2 tabs 4 times a day and diclofenic 50mg 3 times a day, which i got when took note to another gp at my surgery 3/4 months later it ruptured and was in more agony than ever and the 3 months was a living hell still getting 2 kids to school 2.2 miles away, anyway ever since the nerve down left leg into heel and little toe is damaged physio said its cuz i didnt get antiimflamotries for so long, ive been back and forward to gp for years and been on as an when needed the cocdaomol for pain stiffness from lower back and legs since and on and off narproxen when gets bad but since jan this year everything got worse my upper back between shoulders and neck and even my skull at base of my neck hurt, i also have had ibs/lactose symptoms for a few years where all my life been fine with milk cheese so on, i get restless legs offen used to as a 12 year old too alot. When i walk even if its far or short my legs get so tight and and my muscles and skin ache and hurt, i have a burning pain deep ache all over down neck top of my back lower bak hips legs and down my arms. I have had 3 kids 2 bigish and just gas and air and i never cried with the pain at either births but this constant deep burning aching pain all down my body is really really wearing down and i end up crying, i am really starting to think its fibromalgia but im worried my gp will think im mad as some dont believe its a real thing. When my other half pokes my atm

I shout stop it bloody hurts and he laughs and says dont be silly that was light touch but it hurts and if i lean on the bar on my hip (i have some padding should i say) when stood up as bus is full the bar even thiugh im not leaning hard actully hurts me, After seeing gp again this week he has given me amitriptaline 25mg once at bedtime to see if it helps with “nerve” pain and will review in a few weeks to

See if its helping or if it needs doseage increasing but im really thinking is it the old injury nerve pain now affecting my upper back not just lower back n legs but as its all over and also when i wash my hair over the bath my lower back and legs feel like the skin inside muscles are tearing apart and now just with daily like walking about even when not doing anything my body is in same state of deep aching burning down upper back and arms n legs is worse. I hate it, i get tired after not doing much, cant sleep well anymore at night and im freezing when everyone at home is warm or im hot and sweaty when they are cold. When i read symptoms of fibro i was in tears it was tick tick tick all the boxes of symptoms i have them all. Do i just print off the symptoms list and tick all i have and show gp?? Can a gp diagnose fibromayalga ?? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello, you need to request an MRI, I had two prolapsed discs and it took me years to get it sorted. I have ms, arthritis and spondylosis and stenosis. It's not fun and you need a proper diagnosis which h can only be done with MRI. Ask to see an orthopaedic Dr and referral to pain clinic. Good luck

• Posted

Thank you, i did ask for one and gp

Said he can refer me to physio and they can request an mri but he cant refer for them but it annoyed me as my cousin had same thing went gp got mri and has loads wrong and getting treatment, but i dont wanna really go physio as they didnt send me for one right back when it started, my late dad had spondylosis of cervial and lumber spine and my sister has cervical spondylosis and bone spurs, so i feel like something is wrong but hitting a wall each time 

• Posted

Can an xray show damage as i wonder if its funding they wont send me for one but xrays are cheeper? 
    • Posted

Hes put me on amitriptaline 25mg one a night and booked me for bloodtests (dont know what ones) bloodtest is on 9th oct and im 5 days in on new tablets and not doing much at all to be honest but early days, then he said once had bloods done see him for results and will see bout uping dose if not working by then should i do you think , wait till i see him for results of bloodtest and checking on new tablet then ask for an mri again its been 4 years now and its getting worse as in top of back inbetween shoulders and down arms too. Just want to know either way whats going on in there. I dont know if this is anything but when i turn my head either side left or right look down or up i feel and hear a crunching noise its like walking on broken glass kinda crunching 
  • Posted

Hello I write a long response then my battery went 😞 x-rays don't show soft material so no you need an MRI amytriptiline is a relaxant given to help pain meds it people sleep. If you lower spine plays up it can affect your upper. I get carpal tunnel. You've gone on too long now, take control it's your life, ask for an MRI ask to be referred to an orthopaedic person or a neurologist. It's your right. Take someone with you to the dr's. If the Dr won't refer you write to the surgery and say you feel dismissed. Good luck. I sincerely feel for you. Kindest regards

• Posted

Thank you for taking time to reply to me and help me out x i will Push it more now and will get a second opinion of different gp there if im refused x  
    • Posted

Hi TonI

I know exactly what you are going through . I was diagnosed with FM years ago and seem to manage ok with the pain majority of the time. However when I get flare ups the pain can be unbearable, I'm currently suffering with terrible leg pain in both legs from the knees down, this can be a constant dull ache to sharp pain and stiffness. No matter what I take or do doesn't help with the pain.

Push with your GP for MRI scan hopefully you can resolve your condition in time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.