fibromialgia

Posted , 3 users are following.

sad lamps are said to help with fatigue depression and sleepless nights

i have one and use it in the darker months which is when i get more of the brain fog  , and it works really, for some daft reason i put it away in the summer ,i think i will use it all year round from now on,

maybe we need to because we dont make enough of the right chemicals to combat fatigue.

mine was £54.99 from amazon. sad light box , 10,000 lux , medically certifed.  worth alook.and even a try at that price well i think so i am getting mine out of the cupboard today .

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Never heard of those for people. Have for animals might look into them. 

Glad it has helped you. Do you take many drugs as well? 

Cheers Rosie. 

• Posted

The sad lamps simulate natural light & are believed to relieve depression especially during short, dark winter days
    • Posted

well i dont think it can do any harm , it certainly helps me thru the winter months , and as we seem to suffer all year round i dont see why it wouldnt work all year round maybe you would need it less in the lighter months, i will try mine as i allready have one and let you know .
    • Posted

i only use natrual stuff which iv sourced over the past 10yrs and got it down to a selection that helps me at the moment.
  • Posted

So for the pain what do you find has helped you the most. At the moment I've bee taken off all drugs. Then a Doc. Said no such thing as Fibromyalgia. So darn complicated. The flipping pains real alright. 

Cheers 

• Posted

Thank you for your info Tina, I use rapid gell animal strength much cheaper mine my horse shares with me. If my knees get very bad I go for a course of ultra sound. Willing to try any herbal based pain killers as I will never go on steroids again. 

Good luck and I wouldn't laugh at what ever your using. I also make myself walk my dog every day in the bush.

cheers Rosie xx

• Posted

is it safe to use an treatment meant for animals ,sorry if it sounds dum,

although my vet did tell me to give my boxer half a human dose of anti hystermine if she started coming out in hives , always worked for her saved me a fortune dont suppose you get that advice much these days.

yes i am regreating stopping gong out everyday , i gave up because i started a hobbie that took it out of me stamina wise i wanted to save my energy up that one evening aweek to do something i enjoyed

now  my balance has got worse and iv got to start all over again,

i did get an electric treadmill in feb and i was just getting into it not for long 3mins 3 times a day but at quite hi speed , i was just feeling the bennift when this awful hot humid summer hit us , and laid me low .

so just wanting it to go so i can get back to using it.

you dont sound like you live in the uk

so lucky to have horses next to dogs they are my next faverite animals

intelligent sensistive and i think very knowing , iv never heard of ultra sound for pain relief , try and have a good day ,take care.

• Posted

Hi Tina I always try a heat rub on a little area first if it starts to burn wash it off fast. Had no problem with Rapid Gell most people suffering with arthritic pain seem to grab the horses  heat rubs. 

found ultra sound great for my knees. 

I live in Australia. 

Hardest thing is finding a doc. That believes in the illness.

good luck Rosie 

I love in Australia. 

• Posted

i suppose it a very rugged place and the people are as well

s i suppose unless you go crawling into the surgery on your hand and knees theres nothing wrong with you,

the doctors here arent much better , they just fill you full of pills if you let them ,  there n ot that interested, in giving you a better life more just go away , and get on with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.