fibromialgia and food and drugs

Posted , 2 users are following.

if you think that i am a fruit loop, with my previous comments on the drugs that doctors push that are known to be dangerous or not required ,

and you live in the uk.

veiw bbc i player , and watch episode 2 of the MEN WHO MAKES US SPEND,  GET BACK TO ME AND TELL ME YOUR VEIWS. ID BE VERY INTERESTED TO KNOW THEM.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Tina, you're right to ask questions about any drug a doctor prescribes. Good doctors are happy to ​give you answers. Lazy ones not so much. And although I can't give you recent stats, I do know there are more iatrogenic deaths in the UK than say deaths caused by supplements and complementary therapies. Drugs can save lives and often do but they all have side effects and one sure thing is that the big pharma companies are not in it for the good of your health but rather the massive profits they make.
    • Posted

thanks glad someone out there dosent think am just anti doctors and percription medincine,

i am sure there are still many good doctors out there , but theres an awful lot that are in the drug companies pockets ,and will percribe unesseray meds, yes drugs used correctly in some cases save life or improve the quality of life , and thats fine, but the patceint shouldnt reley on doctors for all the answers and a pill for everything,

yes iv never heard of anyone dying from acupunture, or reflex, or simuliar ,i have heard of the odd death from chineise herbal medincince but only when instructions havent been followed,

like to rub on and people have taken oraly,well thats there fault.

the food and drugs companies are a big money making machine and making millions of pounds of our fears ,

did u know that the artifical sweetner aspartame was oringaly designed as a ulcer drug, and if you sprinkle a powder form of this along an ant trail the ants will avoid it.

scary stuff considering the food marketing stuff have pushed it so hard as a healthy alternative to sugar. and we stuff our selves and kids with it, did u know that the rate of child cancer has increased by a horrific amount since the 1970s,

• Posted

Aspartame - nasty stuff! Avoid it at all costs. sad if I drink diet coke or anything like that, within minutes I become ravenously hungry for about three days and get a bad headache that lasts as long. Check everything for aslartame and don't buy it if it uses it.
    • Posted

i think you might have had a bit of brain fog when you read the above post

iv known about aspartame for about 15yrs and its dangers, thats what i was saying, i first heard about it in abook by susan powter fitness instructer warning people how bad it was for you, i also read a book called SWEET POISON , horrifing cases in that book,  but the thing is its not only in food and drinks,but also in a lot of medications . even in some alternative medincines.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.