Posted , 3 users are following.

something simple from the food cupboard

i use good old cornflour on the inside of my thighs

under my bust and any were else i sweat heavy

its less iratating then talc powder

i first thought of this when i was buying

expensive talc free baby powder where the main ingredient

was cornstrach or corn flour, 

i also was told by afriend that for women who have serious dryness of the vagina thru the menopause that vitiman e capsual placed in side will sort the problem, she checked it with her gp , and he said it was perfectly fine.

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have same issues. I use antiperspirant to contol the rash and sweating.

CHEERS

HOPE

• Posted

yes so do i ,but i am sensistive on my thighs skin blisters really easy there so antipersperant there and i have tried many differant types , just makes me sore, ok underarms . i am not an idiot.
    • Posted

Glad it works for u.. My partner has used cornstarch for years for heat rash. He learned it when he was in the Navy in the 70's..

have ver a good Day!

CHEERS

HOPEbiggrin

• Posted

well thats something at least you havent got me down as a nutter,

does make sense , i didnt no that about the navy, i read it in a book based in the early 50s before there were much in the way of antipersarents , there was deodarants , which didnt really keep you dry, i also found it in a war time household book,

any way if you believe what they used to say, ladies dont sweat, they glow.  only thing is i glow like a green house tomato

• Posted

so iv been told dont know if its funny perculuir or funny haha

maybe a bit of both. still you need to have a sense of humour with all what we have to put up with, other wise your cross the line in to insanity.

• Posted

Great tip Tina! smile

A word of caution for anyone who has a rash or redness in skinfolds, the use of cornstarch can encourage fungal infection so it is wise to get it looked at prior to using.

I do find that I perspire more since I've had Fibromyalgia and will sometimes find my head and face running with moisture....considerably more than a glow redface

Thanks for sharing your tips.

Kind regards,

Ginny

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.