Fibromyalgia??

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all. I will try to be brief. Approx. 3 months ago I stopped eating, overnight. I can eat but just dont want to and feel bloated when I do. I lost 10 kg in 3 weeks. Went to docs, had bloods for just about everything but nothing conclusive. Had gastroscope which showed i had inflamation caused by excess acid (had acid reflux for about 6 months prior) and a small hiatus hernia. Had CT scan which showed nothing (other than a calcified fibroid). Other symptoms include back pain which is extreme if I lie down so I sleep (sort of) propped up on pillows. Severe shoulder and neck pain. Some nausea after eating (but no sick and diarrhea). Full body pain after eating any meat (given it up). More recently I have twitchy legs at night, occasional tingling in legs, hands and feet in the mornings with feelings that my hands and feet are swolen (but they`re not), headaches, feelings of `drunkness` (not had a drink for months), loss of balance (goes with the drunk feeling) clumsiness (keep dropping things), forgetfullness (i`ve always had a good memory) speech problems (cant say what i`m thinking and mixing up my words), prone to bruises at the slightest touch (i have always bruised easily but far worse now and I am covered in bruises I cannot explain). I have now lost aroung 15 kg and although the weight loss has slowed its still dropping (I could afford to lose it so not panicing yet). Doc just looks perplexed and says to wait to see the Enterologist but my appointment was cancelled 2 weeeks ago and the new one is the middle of november. I am on Omeprozole for the excess acid which has improved but I still have bad indigestion when I eat. I was very ill last week so saw an emergency doc who was trying to go down the depression line and tried to prescribe anti depressants but I said no. Have got Amitriptyline to help the pain but am struggling to function if I take them (and all they actually do is knock me out, the pain is still there in the morning) so have gone back to just paracetamol ( I am self employed working with animals so I need to function properly). A few people (friends) have mentioned fibromyalgia when I have told them my symptoms but when I broached it with the emergency doc she said no as the not eating and weight loss were not indicitive (although the rest could be). Back to GP next week so will mention it again to her. Sorry it wasnt as brief as I had wished but just wondered if Fibromyalgia just may be a possibility. Can any of you Help?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I read this thinking this was my post!  I have all these symptoms and have also stopped eating and like you have lost weight rapidly - in my case, I have lost ten kg over the last three months. I even have a calcified ovaryand chronic bloody horrendous back pain.  nothing helps the pain but ihave recently started takingturmeric for the nausea and just as a general pick me up. i respectfully suggest the emergency doc has had no experience of working with people with fibro.  i have had three emergency admissions  - same symptoms every time - second time they removed my gall bladder -the third time they shook their heads! i think everyone on here talks about the loss of balance, the awful electrical pains in your legs - i get it under my left breast and into my arm and the only way i can describe it is like a sparkler going off in it!  this forum is the best place for answers information and support.  you could maybe print off some of the other comments -so many doctors haven't a clue really!  meanwhile, try not to worry about your eating.  im not a fan of omeprazole becasue it makes me feel worse, and there are alternatives out there although you may have to do the reading to find it and ask your doc for it. im hopeful someone on here might be able to offer you advice on this. take care, Peta

• Posted

Hi Peta. I feel for you and thank you for your kind words, and that goes for everyone who has answered my plea for help. Gall bladder was mentioned but thankfully they went off that idea pretty quickly. I'm not always screaming in agony (mainly first thing ) but the constant background pains are very wearing. I too have had breast pain into my arm and its scary to say the least. I have heard about turmeric and will try and find an alternative now that my eating is a bit better as I really don't like popping pills. I will be determined on Tuesdays visit to the docs. All my family and friends find I highly amusing that I am becomigg a near vegetarian as I am (was) a huge meat eater which is probably my downfall haha! Anyway look after yourself and I will keep posting any progress. Mxx

• Posted

Morning Peta;  just a comment (although I know it's too late for you, but may help other ladies)......I noted that you have a "calcified ovary",,,,,,this would  cause  your pain under the R) side of ribcage, as ovary/appendix  pain radiates to the R) upper quadrant.....and too many women have had their gall-bladder removed when in fact it is usually something to do with an organ lower down   (my sister had her's removed, too; only to find out Eventually that it was a Floating Kidney)....                                                Bron

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.