fibromyalgia

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there my name is Janet am 27 ive been diagnosed with fibromyalgia for over 3 years now i feel all sore in my lower back side of legs buttocks front of neck i fell tired all the time ive got 2 little girls one 8 and my other wee girls 3and half since i had my second child about eight weeks after i had her thats when i started feeling not well i went to the doctors loads of time till the doctor sent me to the rheumotologist thats when i got diagnosed with fibromyalgia i just feel so low and unhappy i just wouild like to speak to some one whos like me xx

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Janet, I've had Fm for fourteen year now and am only now finding out more about it, the nhs. Weren't very informative about it, have discovered lots of help is out there so find out what you can and get as much support as possible, and help with yr family are you on any meds  for it,  I hav e just turned sixty and at times I felt quite bad, I also had my elderly mum to care for and sometimes it was very difficult to struggle through some days, sadly she passed away a few months ago and I thought things might improve with less stress but unfortunately no,

best regards .....

• Posted

so sorry to here about your mum u must fell so low havin fibro for 14 years ive had it for 3 and half and i cant cope with it do u get the same kind of pains i get just like to speak to some one that fells like me xx
    • Posted

My pain comes and goes, at present I have it across my shoulders and down both arms, I also have heavy legs, feels like they are full of concrete I have tried different pain relief but at present I'm only on paracetamol, I'm going to see my rheumatologist in October and have a full discussion about my future, also had a raging uti for the last two weeks.

take care Angela

• Posted

Dear Janet,

I wish I had some more useful help to offer. I have had fibromyalgia for more than 20 years but they may find an answer now that the condition is much more common.

Your little ones will help you as we always put the children first to keep going for.

Do you ever have episodes where the pain is easier? I'm researching to try to find out if allergy is a part of it.

Somehow you must get rest in as well as movement.

Sorry couldn't be more helpful

Best wishes

Brenda

• Posted

hi Brenda the pain is more worse before my periods come am allways sore but fell really un well about 1 and half weeks before my periods are due am on pregablin at the moment ive tryed everything but the pain just doesnt go away the pregablin helps alittle bit but i wish they found a drug to take all the pain away xx
    • Posted

Hello Janet..Sorry to hear you are not too well. I were diagnosed with fibro 3 years ago and I understand how you feel. The pain never seems to go away. I were on Pregabalin and I asked my doctor to take me off them but he would not because the Rheumatologist put me on them and he told me to continue..I did for a while but I could not stick the side efffects, I felt as though I were drunk after 2 hours dizzy felt sick and put on loads of weight. So I decided, sod it, its my body not yours and weaned myself off them with that I lost 12lb in total. I feel better not being on them But I am also on Oramorph which I take three times a day and also just been out on Dosulepin. They are an antidepressant I am NOT depressed they are to help me sleep and for the pain. They do nothing for the pain but I am now getting 4/5 hours sleep instead of 1hour. I guess you are struggling a bit with your children...Well I have just had my 58th birthday, I have 3 grownups in their mid thirties and 7 grandchildren ranging from 18 yrs to 2 years. My own adult children don't help me at all, my eldest grandson whos 18 comes to see me every day makes me a cuppa and anything else. And the rest ar younger...I had for two weeks my two youngest grandchildren age 3 and 2 and they were little angels well behaved etc, I got them to help me doing little jobs dusting in their way putting dishes /table mat away, empty washing machine anything simple like that as they do love to help out.Do your girls help you? All help is very welcome to us when we are suffering.. I wish they would find something to completely remove the pain too, I find a walk helps a little take your girls to the local park. Anyway, chat again soon hopefullysmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.