fibromyalgia

Posted , 5 users are following.

Thank-you everyone that responded I'm so glad to know that I'm not alone. I believe. that.I've had.for.years. And every year it got worse and worse I finally had to come off my job in May and I'm now filing for disability and I have a lawyer is coming by on Tuesday to help me get my benefits I'm in pain every single day some days I can get around pretty good other days I cannot move at all and then it takes me a couple of days afterwards to get over it it happens every week I've tried all the natural remedies including tumeric which I found out I'm unable to take they have me on 3 different medications I take gabapentin 300 milligrams the max dose that you can get I also take ibuprofen 800 milligrams 3 times a day as well as nortriptyline 50 milligrams and a muscle relaxer twice a day it takes the edge off but it doesn't get rid of the pain but the good part about it is I'm now able to move at my own pace in the morning without trying to force myself and be miserable at work I even tried doing 3 and 4 days a week did that for about eight years but then my knees that were terrible couldn't allow me to sit down for long periods of time and not move as well as my low back pain I thought it was just me that sometimes I have to stay in the bed for days because it actually felt better but I feel better now that I know that I'm not the only one that has the issue thank you all so much I'm glad to be apart of this website I think God for the people who created it

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Denise

I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I have terrible times with fibromyalgia also. I have been unable to work and wasawarded dwp. I also have h.I. v and osteo artheritis but I think they take note of fibromyalgia well. My experience was good with them and had a lovely woman who came to my house. So I wish you good luck in your dealing with them and just to let you know that fibromyalgia is not ignored with them as it is with some doctors. Today I have been asleep for half of the day andam feeling miserable. I'm sick of struggling with my weight and as I'm sure you can sympathise with, it's hard to exercise whenone has pain every single day. Is your sleep affected to?

love pauine

• Posted

Hi pauine....yes I also have cpap machine for when ever I fall asleep. if I have one night of 6 hrs then the next 2 nights I'm up watching Netflix off and on. I take take gabapentin also for restless leg syndrome and I take Ambien . I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

• Posted

Denise I truly understand. I feel like I'm crazy and no one truly believes I'm hurting! I don't know what fibromyalgia is really but they say that's what I have. Smh. Everything hurts. I don't like taking drugs but I do take the ibrup 800. I hurt from head to toe. Denise does your chest hurt as well?

• Posted

Hi Vitav ..my upper chest near my shoulders a year and a half ago is when I had to get on something to take the edge off I would be curled in my bed so very sore after the flare up. the most aggravating thing I can't control when it happens I could wake up and bam there it is. then after that day the next 2 days to recover. Pain management explained to me that some people get fibromyalgia worse than others. doesn't know why but they just do . I had to. be the one to.have it severe. but they are working with me to get me to a place where i can function better. So glad to know that I'm not the only one.

• Posted

Morning Denise; can you tell me which country you live in, as I am getting to the stage that I am feeling the need to enquire re "getting some financial benefits, too"; as it is costing us a fortune in my treatments and medications, and my husband  isn't getting any younger, and I feel very guilty that he has to keep going to help pay for me and my expenses.  If in Australia (or anyone else who lives here), can you advise ,me on how you get on, please?.............................Bron

• Posted

Hello bronwyn

I'm in Milwaukee Wisconsin. A Lawyer came by the house today to take information of my issues. I'll know in 2 wks weather or not he will take the case. He did say I have a strong case. I just stopped working the end of May.

• Posted

Hi, denise:  I'm so sorry you are in so much pain.  I was diagnosed with Fibro years ago, and mine is getting worse, too.  I'm 68 yrs. old, and I doubt they will find a cure for me in time, but maybe some of you young people will see a day when there will be no more pain from this horrible disease.

My problem is that I already have scioliosis, and spinal stenosis, and some degenerative discs.  I have lost five inches of height.

Then, comes the Fibro, and now, I plan everything around my much needed naps...I get exhausted just doing the slightest thing.  I have had two husbands that walked out on me due to all my pain.  I was unable to go places that they wanted to go, so I was left at home taking another nap.

I am alone now, with three little dogs, who are my pride and joy...I take Tramadol and antidepressants to keep the pain at bay.

I feel that my life has been wasted by having to live by my Fibro's rules.  I pray that each one of you will find peace and joy, even through it all, and that there will one day be a cure...I have constant constipation from mine, causing prolapses to occur.  I had to have surgery for those 11 weeks ago.  God bless...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.