Fibromyalgia

Posted , 7 users are following.

for the past few nights I have not been able to move my neck and head it's like it's seized up really sore when you try to move just wondering if anyone is experiencing this problem with fibromyalgia 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maggie

Yes I get this most days! Even just lying watching TV in bed I have to move it, it's so stiff and cracks and crunches a lot. Almost feels so tight like it's the start of a migraine and I get blurred vision a lot with it...

Hope you're well xx

• Posted

Hi there,

I have Fibro and yes I suffer with this most of the time and if I'm not careful my neck will lock and can stay like it for days, not pleasant at all.  I hope things ease for you soon. x

• Posted

I have had this happen. I place salonpas pads on it before bed and it helps lossen it up by morning.
  • Posted

Hi, speaking on behalf of my 14 year old daughter who has fibro, she gets this too. She is currently sleeping in bed because her neck, back and hips are all seized up. I'm looking into a magnetic mattress for her at the moment as apparently this can help. No day is the same with fibromyalgia! It's a very erratic illness and new things seem to crop up all the time with my daughter Xx

• Posted

Hi Xmaggiex I have the same problem with my neck on and off too its really annoying and other people can't or won't understand they all say i slept funny or get a new pillow or you had that not long ago why have you got it again I don't ask for it it just happens. sometimes just when I'm in the car as a passenger or walking not just sleeping. I hate this illness.

• Posted

Morning Xmaggie; Yes, this is something that I have every night (and can be compunded by OA as well for me).  I agree with the use of Hotpacks/similar around/either side of neck for some time during the night to Try and keep muscles relaxed.  The other that I do, (and know many prob won't agree/be able to get from their GP)  is some valium......start with 0.5 mgms and this helps relax ALL muscles.

?Hoping that you can get some from your health provider, as this is  really the only thing that is useful; and it also helps all the other muscles that seize up during our "trying to get some sleep".                                      Bron

• Posted

I take Klonapin as needed to relieve the stress and help me sleep.  Sleep is key to restoration of the nerves.  
  • Posted

I just came from the doctors for neck pain that was causing numbness in my left arm and shooting sparks into my skull/back of my neck.  I was diagnosised with Fibro 15 years ago and over the years I have been able to control the pain naturally with lots of sleep, supplements, and a very low key life style.  However, the holidays always cause a flare up in some part of my body.  They did an xray and KGB, of course due to the numbness. and found nothing.  I did accept the prednizone this time and pain meds. only because we are driving home to Texas from PA and I knew a 22 hour car trip would only make it worst.   Whenever the pain migrates in my body, I feel relieved.  It signals it is Fibro but a trip to my dr. always comforts me.  Sending well wishes and blessings to you.  I understand your frustration all too well.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.