Fibromyalgia

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all this is my second post on here found the first one very helpful.

I am finding life hard at present especially the chest pain I keep getting its like a dull pain and aches with some sharp pains no and again this has happened for months and had ecg x-rays etc and heart and bones are fine but I don't feel so great I've stop going gym etc and house work makes my body hurt all over now I suppose I am looking for that miracle answer that we all look for.

I do suffer with pain all over but my panic attacks and anxiety are worse soley to my chest pain to the point I can go days without sleep or very little is it just me or am I going insane I am alone on this one please help as I find this group very helpful and the help I received last time helped so I am hoping for the Same again thank you all in advance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I feel you Shaun! Feel like it’s a vicious circle I can’t get out of, I can just about cope with all of my other symptoms but the chest pains like you say trigger anxiety and make everything worse! Does it hurt to press the area where you get the pain? If so, could be costochondritis which I’ve had on and off for over a year now, and seem to have it more than not sad 
  • Posted

Yes I do feel pain on touch sometimes but mainly not so think it's a pain I have to get use to I think

• Posted

I can relate to the chest pain and I do have a solution for it i hope you're still on this site. I'm really struggling with other symptoms but this is one I solved for myself I hope it works for you:

When I wake up in the morning there's a brief moment before the chest compression feeling comes back, sometimes only a split second. If I remember to focus in that moment I can mentally (i know, trust me) isolate the source of the chest pain. If I do that I can get rid of it in 2 different ways I've found. One is to hold onto the mental image of the source of that pain and listen to music that I feel like will cancel it out. The other is to write a song which will cancel out that pain. I know how hard writing music is so the first one is probably better.

I know this doesn't sound like a real solution since it involves music but I promise you it worked for me i felt like I couldn't breathe before and now I'm able to focus on my other symptoms. You might have to find new genres of music or search really hard for the right song which is why i write my own. Music therapy for fibromyalgia is an established thing, so even though I wouldnt pay for sth like that it does serve as evidence. please give it a genuine try I hope it works for you cause I can relate and I never want anyone to feel that pain.

• Posted

I have just tried it there is a great song by Ruby Collins it's called the pain in my chest you should take a listen to it.

It's horrible the pain it makes me worry about all kind of things like heart attack longs collapsed etc the list goes on I don't have it everyday but most.

I feel for you cause I have full body pain but my chest scares me the most so if I find anything for other pains I will keep in touch with you if OK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.