Fibromyalgia

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi my name is Darren I am 37 year old man,Generally really healthy gym lad and runner, my apologise for spelling and grammar am not the best. when I was 16 years old I was diagnosed with GAD around health, I've always being able to manage it and its never been really issue until covid struck and gyms closed during the first lockdown, I really struggled with my anxiety and at times it was really bad I was emotional wreck always believed my GAD been kept away by my fitness routine, I went to the doctors and for the time I accepted help and was put on a course of Sertraline, I think I lasted 4 weeks and came off them they made things worse I had panic attacks,numbness feelings the lot, then things just seem to have a gone down hill since.

so for the last 9 months I've been suffering with sharp pains that started in the base of my neck running down from neck to the top of shoulder one side more than other which then lead to strange burning sensation/sunburn feeling which went on for weeks then I got tight neck muscles leading down to the top of my traps/Shoulders and between shoulders blades just felt like i had sore pressure points but slightest touch made them worse . my neck issues have gotten better I would say am 80% back to normal but do still have days when I wake and have a dull ache in the neck area but its taking me weeks and weeks of strengthen exercise to ease my symptoms , I nearly give up because at first it seemed to worsen my symptoms but things didn't end thire I now have the same problem in my back soreness burning sensation. doctors believe that my issue was strained trapezius sent me away naxprozen which didn't help, after many weeks on them I came off I hate taking medication and pumping s**t into my body, my issue seem to be worse when I work out so over the Xmas I had a week off the gym and my symptoms in my back were 80% better but now I started back at the gym my symptoms have returned it seems to me there is pattern when I've had a few days off all seem OK but when i return to my routine it's takes a couple of days for symptoms to calm they never fully go away I always this burning sensation in my back but just not as bad. I do suffer with bad heads and since this has started do struggle with my sleeping I seem to toss and turn in bed alot and wake many times throughout the night. I've been referred to physio been twice and they seem to think it mechanical meaning weak back and neck muscles am no medical doctor but I refuse to accept that giving that I've worked out for many years and have pulled loads of muscles in the past it doesn't seem to fit what they are saying. please if anyone could help me figure out could this be fibromyalgia or has anyone had similar experience would be much appreciated 🙏 xx

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

have your symptoms improved or worsened in the last 2 months (i.e., since you wrote this post)?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.