Fibromyalgia advice? Please I need help. Been losing my mind for months!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Around December, I have started to experience a sharp shooting pain in my legs. Something I have never experienced before!!! At the time time was working a job that was at least 10 to 12 hours and was physically demanding on me. At the time, I got the pains I figured it was due to my jon and maybe I needed to take it easy. The pain has gotten so bad I had to go to the E.R. in December. They found nothing unusual sent me home. The leg pain stopped and then I started to have extreme "nerve like" pain on hands and feet. Comdtant, everyday, and throughout the day. A few weeks later I went to my primary. She thought it could be early symptoms of an autoimmune disease.

I was then tested for ALL testable diseases including diabetes, lupus, and rheaumatoid arthritis, my blood results were perfect except for a vitamin D deficiency in which I was given medication for...I have also noticed muly hands crack alot!!! My doctor thoughr after the medication for 2 months I was feel better...NOTHING! I was then sent for a nerve study due to the constant everyday pain I have on my hands and feet since December! The nerve pain found nothing!! I broke down. Been dealing with this for 5 months no medication no answers! Finally my doctor prescribed Gabapetin. I have been on it for about 3 weeks. The pain is still there. Once in awhile i get a day with little to no pain but they are rare. Im now waiting to see a neurologist for another test but I am not sure. My doctor said this will be the last test they do, if it comes put with nothing..they will diagnose me with fibromyalgia since there is np specific tesr for it..and they have did all the ones they could...

I am writing.this post for those who are currently diagnose with Fibromyalgia to tell me if what im experience is similar. I dont know what else to do. I pray someone put there can share info with me.

From the timeI wake up i experience extreme nerve like pain or a pins and needles sensation in hands and feet . EVERYDAY my hand bones and knuckles crack alot!. I dont feel right. Im sad. Im scared. Im worried. Is this fibro? Is there someone out there like me? Please help! God bless and please keep me in prayers!

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi alicia. I am so sorry that you are suffering. I completely agree with

magpie and christine. I thought I was a long time Fibromyalgia girl. 31 and

35 years. Wow, I was diagnosed 11 years ago. I also started with pain in

my legs so bad that I would cry. Lots of tests, xrays, MRI, blood, etc. I was

finally referred to a rheumatologist and he told me that first visit that it is

Fibromyalgia. I also have been blessed with many other problems. Arthritis,

Costal chondritis, migraines, IBS, etc. etc. I was going to my doctor at

least once a month and another diagnosis was added to my chart. I have a

really good relationship with my doctor. I just laugh about it and tell her that

I can't have anymore issues because there isn't any room left in my chart.

I really do believe that it's important to try to have a positive attitude. I know

that sounds ridiculous right now. But it helps relieve the stress. I was a very

active person. Exercising, even worked full time and a good bit of overtime

too. Now I dont have a job. I just cant. Sleep is critical. At least a full 8 hours

and 1 or 2 naps. When you have fibro, you don't sleep well, which in turn

makes things worse. Sometimes we don't even realize that our bodies

aren't getting enough sleep. I felt sleepy all the time but wasn't getting the

quality sleep I needed. When you don't get enough sleep your body will

break down muscle for energy. So sleep is important. My rheumatologist

put me on Soma, a muscle relaxer, so I could get deeper sleep. It really

helps. And like magpie said, hot Epsom salt baths are AWESOME! And yes,

try not to stress out about it. It only makes it worse. I also had chest pains

that landed me in the ER as well. They couldn't find anything, so they sent

me to a cardiologist and I had a stress test. I was told that I had a really

strong heart. My body may fall apart but my heart will keep dragging me

along. When I saw my rheumatologist he told me that it is just costal

chondritis. Pain in my sternum and rib cage from fibro. in the connective

tissue between joint and bone. You will have good days and bad days. I

was given prescription ibuprofen which helps on the bad days. So, to sum it

up, sleep, hot Epsom salt baths, some ibuprofen, and help from family or

friends. You can do it. I really hope that you feel better and know that we are

here and understand. People without fibro. just can't comprehend the level

of pain that we deal with every day. But we understand. Much, love, prayers,

and hugs.

• Posted

Listen to magpie and Christine these ladies even though I've never met them have some of the kindest words for people they don't know, it gives me relief to read the comments. I'm not very religious but God bless them! X

• Posted

Awe Alicia what a hard experience you are going through!

My doctors - the Rheumy and the Internist both give me the same advice : to take Vitamins: D3 -5000 iu, B12 when necessary, Folic Acid, COQ10, Centrum Siver Women.

My GCA it is not associated with Fibromialgia though.

Hope you get the answers you are looking for and

feel better soon,

Take care,

iellen

• Posted

Prsyers are heard by God and something very special will be permitted to happen regarding your health.!

Think in what you want to happen regardless your reality!

Thoughts are powerful they are living things.

Wish you the best,

iellen 😊

• Posted

Hi, you poor thing, my experience was something similar and have finally just been diagnosed with FM a lot of other symptoms accumilated re: your Vit D I had a cancer removed and was told to keep out of the sun, I did then told the pain in my toes and legs was lack of Vit D so to sit in the sun sad it didn't improve so I had a large vein removed, it got worse I was given 2,800 Vit D per day not much joy but after some more blood tests I as diagnosed with FM I was given a large dose of Vit D 50,000 it seems to have helped and I am resisting pain killers but considering the last two nights sleep or lack of it I have just taken medication just so I can get a few hours rest. I am trying fresh pineapple some nights digested before bed I'm still investigating this as a treatment along with some friends so don't hold your breath. You may laugh at the next suggestion but I get the most painful cramps in my calfs at night an old wives tale was to put a block of soap in the bed, I'm not sure if its that but the cramps have ceased lOl  I thought I had lupus too nothing I compared with had the whole package but apparently FM carries a whole host of complaints no two are the same, so ask if you can have further blood tests to discount this.

• Posted

Dear Mary

I've found that,one 300mg tablet of Quinine every day or every other day stops it. A glass of tonic water works as long as it has Quinine in it.

Cheers Richard

• Posted

Hi Mary. Sorry about your problems. I was diagnosed 11 years

ago and the first thing my rheumatologist gave me was muscle

relaxers. First Flexeril which seemed to leave me too sleepy

during the day. Then Soma which seems to be the best for me.

Your muscles relax so you can sleep and it has a lovely

sedating effect. Perfect for a good night's sleep. He explained

that if your body doesn't get restorative sleep, it breaks down

muscle tissue for energy. I hope you get better sleep soon.

I'm a bear without it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.