Fibromyalgia and dehydration

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had fibromyalgia for the last 27 years and have managed it well. Unfortunately this last week I have had a bad flare up and wondered if anybody else has experienced dehydration caused by the condition. I drink a lot of water but am still dehydrated and wondered if the pain has caused this.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth, this is quite interesting. I actually feel quite dehydrated often, initially used to get really bad dry mouth but found out that was a side effect of one of my meds. I've never linked dehydration to fibro, but wonder if certain things exacerbate it. I'll have to to keep an eye. I'll follow this to see what others say. Stay safe during these awful times.

• Posted

Hi Oompa. Dehydration is unusual with Fibromyalgia as haven't really experienced it much before and am not on any medication. I would be interested in what others say so wait to hear. Thank you for your reply and keep safe too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.