Fibromyalgia and digestive disorders

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am bipolar 2, deep depression/anxiety for over 11 yrs. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia ten years ago, and now along with the muscle aches, it seems to have manifested itself in my digestive system. Nausea, chronic pain in my stomach, dyaphram, abdomen, lower back primarily on the left side, and chronic constipation. Can't sleep, eat and am at the end of my rope. Ive had xrays, ct scans, ultrasound, endoscopy, colonoscopy, and my GP walked out on me at my last visit. I've lost 100 lbs. Anyone have any ideas on where I can turn? or have similar problems?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wendy, i have fibromyalgia aswell diagnosed 6 years ago, but had chronic pain all over my body for more than a decade, muscles aching everywhere my skin started to hurt 5 years ago all over , and constipation and stomach pain as long as i remember got sent to a neurologist who tested for small fiber neuropathy by biopsy and came back positive, after this he tested for All autoimmune diseases, my TTg antibodies came back positive, and i got diagnosed with Celiac disease, its a multiststem disorder, it caused the fibro and nerve damage according to my neuro..i now get steroid infusions once a month and lidocaine infusion also on the waitingnpust to try ketamine as my pain is severe and feels like a terrible sunburn all over my body. Please get tested for small fibre neuropathy and Celiac!! Gps probably wont do these, but a referral to a neuro and asking them worth atry as im a lot better nowadays my muscles dont hurt at all anymore just my skin and tired always but can function better.please get tested hope you get well soon i wish you all the best Xx 
    • Posted

My heart goes out to you igazilolli, I wouldn't wish this on my worse enemy. Im on a waiting list for ketamine infusions, and am trying to get approved for lidocaine, but it's challenging when your family doctor doesn't have your back. Thank you so much for sharing, I don't feel so alone now. <3

• Posted

Why would any doctor just walk out on a patient. Maybe it’s time to get a second opinion when that doctor can’t help you anymore. Fibromyalgia is very frustrating, I know myself I have more pain on my left side then my right usually until I start doing a lot of things around the house or a lot of activity.  I get the constipation also and nausea for sure and headaches sometimes turning into migraines. I really hate the muscle aches and pins and needles and now I feel them in my toes which scares me because that just started about 3 weeks ago. I hope it’s not something else going on. I already have 3 auto immune diseases. That’s the problem with us, we are at risk once we get a auto immune disease have to watch out for another. I hope you can get some answers soon! Please let me know!!
    • Posted

Thank you Lucyred. I live in Canada, where the health care is free, and I guess you get what you pay for. there's a three month wait time for a family Dr. and I have other health problems, and need monthly prescriptions, so the thought of dropping my Dr. is scary. I'm truly sorry you are in so much pain, and hope you have a remission. Best of luck, and will keep you posted if I get any answers.

• Posted

I’m so sorry to hear that you have to wait 3 months for another doctor, that’s terrible! I pray that you find some relief! 🤗🤗

• Posted

Thank you Lucy, Hoping there is some relief in your near future as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.