Fibromyalgia and ear problems

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had fibromyalgia for 5 years now. Over the past three months I have been experiencing problems with my left ear, where it feels blocked, causing pain and discomfort, it has affected my hearing, makes me feel sick at times, and I find it difficult to bend over without feeling dizzy. Needless to say this has effected my mood. After three months of trying different ear and nose sprays the doctor has now referred me to the ear,nose and throat clinic. Due to the ear problems it has worsen my fibromyalgia. The Dr said I may need to have grommets. Has anyone else had a similar problem and if so has there been any thing in particular that has helped?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have had that for years I now have 2 hearing aids, however if they are out I can still get pain and deep itchiness which can then be quite painful
    • Posted

Thanks for replying. Did they give you hearing aid straight away or did they try other things first?
    • Posted

Yes, my hearing aids were done there and then after seeing the ent doctor, they did a hearing test and I didn't realise how bad my hearing was xx

• Posted

I just repliedvtl an earlier post re leg weakness and explained that i am sufering tinittus in left ea

Hr.

My doctor refuses to discuss fibro expressingbthat it can be a label to hang things on that are otherwise undiagnosed.

My ears have been a problem in the past but never hhid bad.

• Posted

That must be very difficult for you. I did struggle getting a diagnosis I had to fight for a year before it was finally confirmed. I was seen by neurologist and he did the various tests-physical examination and a mri. Unfortunately it takes a lot of time to get diagnosed.
  • Posted

I have what I call Cauliflower ear. Tinnitus followed by everything being muffled. I just got over a massive sinus infection and went to ent. He checked everything out and saw some inflammation still in my ears and sinuses when scoped. Sending me for cat scans to see my sinus function better to see if there are any blockages. But I have heard from many people on here that have Tinnitus. And no remedies. You're not alone but unfortunately I also don't have answers. Still waiting for insurance approval for tests.

• Posted

Thanks for replying. I hoping it won't be too long before I get to see the ent clinic.

• Posted

Yes, indeed I experience ear problems from time to time. Last summer I had several spells with vertigo, sinus allergies, etc. Then it will resolve itself when I am on the brink of making an appt. with my doctor! Now that I am 65, I never know what is due to normal aging or fibro!I have found that nothing really sems to make that much difference for me, but I hope the ear,nosethroat clinic will have some solutions for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.