fibromyalgia and hot legs

Posted , 5 users are following.

I get really hot legs especially at night so I've thrown away all my pj's. My inner thighs get so itchy and I'm dreading summer when they're just going to get hotter. I can't wear skirts as my thighs rub together and trousers just make me itch. Aside from sitting with my legs apart all day I'm running out of options....!

My inner thighs are getting very sore from itching them so much.... does anyone else get this?

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

• Posted

i have the same problem hun,

i am always hot but my inner thighs more so i can get blisters very easy on my thighs and some time in the crease of my leg further up my thighs rub together as well because iv put weight on since getting fibro .

if i wear trousers i can only wear them for a couple of hours then they have to come off or i get very itchy to. 

i use medicated powder its not talc its corn startch  so it dosent clogg 

you can also get a product from ASDA from there little angel range called liquid talc sinks in and helps the skin to stay smooth its meant for babies but i use it a lot in the summer . 

i hope this has helped a bit . i am just relieved that i am not alone with thius problem . 

if you have problems at night buy some chillow mats freeze them and place them under your top sheet .razz

• Posted

Hello Hot, Hot Legs, cheesygrin I never heard of anything like that in FibroM. It sounds something vascular...? Sound like legs hot flushes... Sorry!
  • Posted

we have an inability to control our body temperture it all depends where we get more heat mines in the trunk and thigh area . its just another part of fibro .

i can be freezing then absolutly boiling all with in minutes . drives me mad 

• Posted

OMG, i mentioned this to my GP, that i get really hot legs and he just looked at me. I now wear nothing on my lower half as cant bare the feeling of clothes against my body while I'm in bed. Was reading an article and this is part of FM. So many symptoms its hard to keep up. I too am dreading the summer as its my first year of having this thing. Fingers crossed we will sail through it with fans etc x
    • Posted

Ha ha ha. That is a thought. Could think of worse ways of spending my day/ night! 
    • Posted

my house sounds like a factory i have so many fans going iv actuly brought a air cooling fan its a marko cost me £79 and its great it has a water tank and ice blocks you can put in and 3 temp settings cool cooler cold .well worth the money

. if you by a small chillow mat of ebay around 6.99 put it in a frezzer then put in a pillow case shove it between your thighs keeps them nice and cool .same at night time 

• Posted

Hi Stephanie,

I am not 100% it was my Fibromyalgia as only just been diagnosed, only I had one evening in bed when I itched all over...it had been a warm day and evening a few weeks ago. Not had it since , maybe as it has been cooler. It was noticeable though as it was waking me up. Do you think shorts would help you? A nightmare really as the sun shining can make things a little brighter but the heat not so. Hope you do find a way round it. Anyway Stephanie not sure if you are in the UK, if you are do you know something I don't 😃....are we going to have some sun? Take care - let me know if it sounds like your itch...may be others have had it. I thought it very odd as have never had that before. xx

• Posted

Hi Clare.

Yes I'm in UK. There might not be much sun but it's slowly gerting warmer (well in the south anyway)...

• Posted

Oh ... I live West...North West so I guess I will get the rain 😞. Seems from reading through some of the messages my sudden weight gain over the past 7 /8 months be Fibro related..
    • Posted

well iv put it on since iv not been able to keep busy and on the go all the time . iv always had to work at it ,but in hte past it wasnt a problem because i like being on the go but now i am always so tired and hav eso much pain it shard to do anything very much .

could also be down to meds if your on them some make you gain weight quickly i am not on any iv put weight on over the last 10yrs that i cant get off .

• Posted

😞....oh well - can only do what I can do. Like you mentioned me not being in work, slowing down etc doesn't help. Just trying to keep an eye on to make sure don't gain anymore nevermind lose. Not at the best age ...
    • Posted

oh sweetie i know excatly how you feel  iv tried diets and excersise nearly killed my self with causing my self so much pain and still it wont move , 

try not to beat yourself up about it you no your not lazy or greedy its just because you cant do enough .without causing your self pain or crushing fatigue . the only time i lost weight was drinking slim fast twice a day with one light meal but i just couldnt keep it up .

• Posted

keep saying it chillow mats in the fridge or freezer around 6.99 your wonder how you managed without 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.