Fibromyalgia and nausea

Posted , 8 users are following.

Do other fibromyalgia sufferers have continuous nausea...?

I'm getting fed up of it as I can't seem to eat or drink anything that will help ease this awful feeling...

Does anyone have any advice....?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

hi stephanie I do get the same as you and nothing helps doctor gave mt motollium anti sickness bit they dont help my doctor say is part of fibro
  • Posted

i get bouts of nausea esp if i eat tomatoes or spiced food , followed by being sick for 15mins and then returning to normal ,well as near to normal as we can

but sometimes i crave stuff i know is bad for me and i just have to have it,i always wish i didnt thou we are not perfect are we.

try stomach calming drops from weleda , very good for reliveing nausea .

• Posted

Hi Stephanie1972

I have IBS which is much worse since I got Fibro. I take 2 Domperidone tablets (can be bought over counter at pharmacy as Motilium) an hour before every meal. My nausea is so much better since I've been on them. Hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

You're welcome. If they help you maybe your GP will prescribe them, mine prescribes me 100 at a time. X
  • Posted

I have spells when it feel sick for days on end it usually goes along with a bad flare up though.  I keep ginger in to eat which helps you can buy it from health shops.  Also since I started taking all my vitamins it seems to much better.  I take magnesium at night and B6, B12 & B complex in the morning.  This hasn't worked miracles but has def inproved they way I feel most of the time but I do still have bad times as well. 
    • Posted

have you linked your nausea to any foods , iv linked mine mainly to tomatoes and spicey foodsmad the two things i love of course
  • Posted

You can't buy motilium over the counter any more, they are only on prescription and some doctors won't prescribe because of studies that they are a risk to your heart, they will prescribe cyclizine hydrochloride for sickness hope this is helpful....
    • Posted

i find stomach calming drops work just fine from weleda natrual no side effects . 
  • Posted

same here feeling sick most of the time doc say part pf the diease but kmow i got terrble muscel spam in shoulders and neck all my doc is willing to perscribed is diazapan 2 tabler and they do nothing  say cos the coxktail of tablets im on for pain and arthrtits rheumatiod he wont perscribe anything else put anti inflammortry up and painkillers are moving  it going crazy with this  i can cope with RA  but this ;lke having a bad toothach  
    • Posted

My doctor has prescribed me Omeprazole for my nausea. Here's to hoping it will help.....
    • Posted

i get nausea with my fibro to ,i use natrual stuff ,ginger and cloves in hot wat.er .
  • Posted

I have stomach upset often - in the form of nausea, indigestion/heartburn, IBS symptoms, loss of appetite. I am learning that Fibro has a strong link to GI issues since the stomach is essentially a ball of nerves. Since I also suffer from anxiety and panic disorder, I always attribute the symptoms to that. I had an upper endoscopy last week and it showed gastritis in two areas. They took biopsies, so I'm curious if there's any thing further going on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.