Fibromyalgia and supplements

Posted , 11 users are following.

As I've been newly diagnosed I am

Looking at non medication ways to ease symptoms.

Going to bed with a lavender microwave pack was amazing, however I wondered if anyone takes any supplements

Have seen that vitamins b12, d3, magnesium and omega 3 are good just wondered anybody's opinions 

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Omega 3 in enough quantities has a direct impact in combating inflammation from fibro. I would definitely recommend supplements with concentration higher than 500 mg. As for the pain, that is somethin else entirely. 
  • Posted

Oops my post was sent to the mods!  probably because I gave the supplements I was on with the manufacturers names!  Will try again this tie without the relevant name. Apologies if this too goes to the mods.

I am on the following supplements

B12 sublingual lozenges 1000mcg

L.Carnitine power 500mg capsules

Ultra Coq 10 200mg

Ultra tocotrienol 50mg 99% tocopherol free.

Vit D

Was on medication but stopped and find I can manage with the above and hot baths/bio freeze when necessary and with the unconditional love of a dog!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.