Fibromyalgia and swollen lymph nodes and other symptoms

Posted , 23 users are following.

I was just wondering if anyone else suffers from swollen lymph nodes/feeling? Everything I read online only talks about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome causing this?

I have been diagnosed with Fibro now for about 2 years (through a Rhuematologist) I suspect I have had it for much longer though. Does Fibro get worse over time? I have been feeling terrible for the last 2 weeks (bad flare?) I feel like my glands are swollen but I don't feel anything (armpits & neck) So much has been hurting lately as well, my thighs, lower & upper back, hips, behind my knees, rib pain, armpit/arm pain, chest pain & upper stomach pain..phew...I also have IBS & Anxiety. I often feel flushed as well but I don't have any redness in the face or a fever? Does anyone have/feel this way? I hate to run to the doctor all the time but I also hate thinking everything is just Fibro as well... Any input would be greatly appreciated.

5 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

You just described all my symptoms. I've had Fibro with Abs since my 30's. Wasn't diagnosed untill my 50's. Sometimes I just hurt so bad I can't stand it. I don't think people realize how bad this stuff is until they have it. My thighs , hips and back hurt me the most and you can forget having any energy. my lungs are terrible . I've had pneumonia 8 times within the last 2 yrs. They say I have asthma, COPD and Respitory Bronchilitis. I think they missed diagnosed me . I think it's CF with Fibromyalgia because of all the lung problems.

• Edited

Wow, I could have written this myself. I've just been diagnosed with fibro after ruling out everything else on the planet and my symptoms are exactly the same as yours. I also think this started years ago. The rib pain is the worst and now my hips, back and stomach hurt all day. The only way I can deal with it is to keep moving. So far the meds make it worse. Some alternative treatments are Sam-e, alpha lipoic acid if you have nerve pain, and a very clean diet. I have swollen glands in my neck which I'm hoping is part of this. I find it hard to know if I'm actually sick or if it's the fibro and I don't want to bother my doctor either. Good luck.

• Edited

Hi. i had surgery in Sept. and now i have fibro and neuropathy. i don't understand hiw this happened. um 54 yrs old and never had this issues. i dont have pain in the normal spots except hip. but its usually sides of my stomach pelvic legs and i do feel my glands are sore in my groin area..i have burning in bladder and rectal ...thats the are i have surgery had adhesions removed and now this. i dint know whats in affection or fibro. my surgeon is getting annoyed because i keep hounding him ...and what to do. so frustrating

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.